ACC Football | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC Football

We owe North Carolina an epic beating in Chapel Hill this season.

I will definitely be on-hand to witness that.

The Heels will be the Canes again though for the better of the conf I wish Miami would regian it's old form along w/ FSU.

FSU isn't far from being a NC contender again. We've got a hell of a lot of young studs on our team that contributed alot last year. Granted, we only won 9 games, but that is a big improvement from the past 4-5 years.

And on another note, since they are going to shaft my boy Bobby and take 14 wins from him, I think he needs to go ahead and hand the program on over to Jimbo and step aside. He has been a blessing for FSU and we are grateful to have had him all these years.

I just hope carolina can have decent football team for once in my lifetime

You'd have to be pretty young to have not seen a decent Carolina team. In fact prior to Yates going down last year's squad was better than most. This year's team may be a bit young but by his 4th season it looks like Davis will have the team pretty well stocked with talented players.

I think the Hurricanes finish 3rd or 4th in the division, but I hope that I'm wrong. I'm not the biggest optimist in the world.

And ends on 09.26 lol.

We'll see, the last time VT played a powerhouse from the SEC it didn't end so well for us (LSU two years ago). But this is a much better team, Alabama may be distracted my their recent scandal and isn't half the team that LSU was back then. I'm nervously awaiting this game.

Even if we do lose to Bama, I still see us winning the division though. Boston College seems primed for a down year, especially with Herzlich out. Clemson and Florida State annually underachieve. Wake and UNC have nice teams, but I don't see them winning the division. I'm sure some Miami homers may disagree, but that team still isn't ready to contend.

We'll see, the last time VT played a powerhouse from the SEC it didn't end so well for us (LSU two years ago). But this is a much better team, Alabama may be distracted my their recent scandal and isn't half the team that LSU was back then. I'm nervously awaiting this game.

Even if we do lose to Bama, I still see us winning the division though. Boston College seems primed for a down year, especially with Herzlich out. Clemson and Florida State annually underachieve. Wake and UNC have nice teams, but I don't see them winning the division. I'm sure some Miami homers may disagree, but that team still isn't ready to contend.

I think Alabama beats Virginia Tech. I'm a big believer in Nick Saban. He's the best coach in the land and you can't give that guy a full year to prepare for one team. You just can't do it. The few Tech friends I have are very concerned.

As far as the ACC goes, I don't know if we're ready to contend, but I think we will strike some fear into our opponents. This team is young and we are now equipped with a competent offensive coordinator who has the ability to make in-game adjustments. There's a lot of parity in the ACC so as always, I say it's up for grabs. But I'm pretty exicted about these young kids working with a truly experience offensive coordinator.

I don't know who wins this game...all I know is this....Bama's defense is every bit as good at that LSU defense was....

VT's bread and butter is running the football.....and I don't believe anybody in the country can run the football on Bama....not gonna happen...they couldn't do it last year and they certainly won't do it this year....Tyrod Taylor is going to have to win that football game for VT....

But it's not just Terrance Cody, Rolando McClain and Javier Arenas for Bama's defense....they're loaded everywhere....Kareem Jackson is one of the best cover corners in the country....and you'll know a lot more about him by the time the draft rolls around next April....I promise...

Brandon Deadrick is one of the most complete and disciplined DE's in the country....ask Tim Tebow....everytime Tebow tried to run against Bama in the SEC championship game....Deadrick was right there to get him and never let Tebow get big yards on the ground....

Donte Hightower came in and started at ILB last year as a true freshman....just like McClain did when he was a freshman....only Hightower has the potential to be even better than Rolando....not to mention a leader and physical presence at SS in Justin Woodall....

The key IMO is going to be how Bama replaces Andre Smith and Antoine Caldwell on the offensive line....and how Greg McElroy handles his first start...I do think VT's secondary matches up well with Bama's receivers though...specifically Virgil and Chancellor....

I agree with JCane though....you give Nick Saban an entire year to prepare....and you've got your work cut out for you....as noted by Bama holding the best RB tandem in the country last year in James Davis and C.J. Spiller to a combined ZERO rushing yards in the first game last year....

I don't know who wins this game...all I know is this....Bama's defense is every bit as good at that LSU defense was....

VT's bread and butter is running the football.....and I don't believe anybody in the country can run the football on Bama....not gonna happen...they couldn't do it last year and they certainly won't do it this year....Tyrod Taylor is going to have to win that football game for VT....

But it's not just Terrance Cody, Rolando McClain and Javier Arenas for Bama's defense....they're loaded everywhere....Kareem Jackson is one of the best cover corners in the country....and you'll know a lot more about him by the time the draft rolls around next April....I promise...

Brandon Deadrick is one of the most complete and disciplined DE's in the country....ask Tim Tebow....everytime Tebow tried to run against Bama in the SEC championship game....Deadrick was right there to get him and never let Tebow get big yards on the ground....

Donte Hightower came in and started at ILB last year as a true freshman....just like McClain did when he was a freshman....only Hightower has the potential to be even better than Rolando....not to mention a leader and physical presence at SS in Justin Woodall....

The key IMO is going to be how Bama replaces Andre Smith and Antoine Caldwell on the offensive line....and how Greg McElroy handles his first start...I do think VT's secondary matches up well with Bama's receivers though...specifically Virgil and Chancellor....

I agree with JCane though....you give Nick Saban an entire year to prepare....and you've got your work cut out for you....as noted by Bama holding the best RB tandem in the country last year in James Davis and C.J. Spiller to a combined ZERO rushing yards in the first game last year....

Alabama v. Clemson last season to open the year. Clemson was handing Alabama a touchdown in Vegas. I took Alabama straight up and laughed my way to the bank. Easiest money I made all year. I know enough about that Clemson program living just minutes from the campus to know that Tommy Bowden ran the softest camp in the country. On the opposite sideline was the man who runs the toughest camp in the country: Nick Saban. No-brainer.

Alabama v. Clemson last season to open the year. Clemson was handing Alabama a touchdown in Vegas. I took Alabama straight up and laughed my way to the bank. Easiest money I made all year. I know enough about that Clemson program living just minutes from the campus to know that Tommy Bowden ran the softest camp in the country. On the opposite sideline was the man who runs the toughest camp in the country: Nick Saban. No-brainer.

Yeah, Alabama/VT should be a hell of a season opener. I would like to think that VT should be very well prepared for this game as well. Beamer is a great coach, but we lost our opener last season in Blacksburg to ECU. I imagine that was simply a case of not taking them seriously, which I'm sure won't be the case against Bama.

Considering that Tommy Bowden is a complete moron, I wouldn't put too much stock into what happened last year in that game.

If Josh Nesbitt stays healthy Georgia Tech will win the ACC this season.

No one is going to be able to stop that triple option!

The good, disciplined defenses didn't seem to have too much trouble stopping it last year. But its the same with the Phin's wildcat.....introduce a real passing threat and it could blossom. So long as noone respects Nesbitt's passing ability, the good teams will shut them down.

Exactly. A spread passing offense such as Texas Tech can probably throw for more yards in a single game than Georgia Tech will all season. Nesbitt is dangerous with his legs, but with his accuracy, the defense might as well put every man in the box. I fully expect GT to lead the ACC in rushing, but if their passing game is as woeful as last year, they're not going to win the division.

Back
Top Bottom