ACC vs. Big East Stunner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC vs. Big East Stunner

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
In a shocking development today, Boston College and Syracuse have both ceased talks about departing the Big East, as the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) has asked Miami and now Virginia Tech to join the conference, making the total number of ACC teams 11 (if this scenario pans out) which defeats the original purpose of getting 12 teams to play a conference championship game. Virginia Tech, who originally filed a lawsuit to attempt to hold the University of Miami back from leaving, has agreed to "jump ship" now that they have been mentioned and invited into the possible conference shift.

Virginia Tech, the former Big East Protector (since its the most powerful school in the Big East if miami departs) is now turning their back on a conference they vowed to protect, funny how money changes things....what backstabbers...

They are backstabbers, I agree. However, I disagree with you on VT being the most powerful team. I have to say that Pittsburgh is the next powerful team after Miami. The conference has them ranked at #2. 2002 record- 9-4 overall, 5-2 in the Big East, and they beat Oregon St. in the Insight.com bowl, 38-13. When they played Miami last year they almost beat them. Canes only won by a touchdown and late 3rd quarter comeback.

Tech this year will be stong, and as for pitt however, they arent consistent on a yearly basis, this past yeaer was the first in which they were real good....im sure they wont be any better next year....

Tech is supposed to be a top 10 team when the season opens....

matt

As FSU fan and a fan of ACC....

I think the ACC did right move by asking VT to join and not Boston Collage and Syracuse.Virginia Tech is consistent when it comes to Football program unlike Syracuse who once every five years has a top 25 team.

Back
Top Bottom