Acording to Mando: Soliai "Would like to return to the Dolphins" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acording to Mando: Soliai "Would like to return to the Dolphins"

Whatever. Another 30+ aging vet who lost snaps due to declining performance with another team but knows we're dumb enough to pay em.

You are looking at it as building through free agency with a bunch of old dudes . . . What i see is short term commitments to guys either just past their prime or looking for rebound years (either from bad play or injury) . . . While we buy time to build a foundation through the draft.

Come 2018 you have Suh and Tannehill under contract. . and a bunch of young dudes from the 2014 to 2018 drafts. No Wake, no Albert, no Williams, etc.

Loved Soliai his 2 final years in Miami but he's on the wrong side of 30 with minimal production. If he was still playing at the level he was when he left, maybe. Now? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are looking at it as building through free agency with a bunch of old dudes . . . What i see is short term commitments to guys either just past their prime or looking for rebound years (either from bad play or injury) . . . While we buy time to build a foundation through the draft.

Come 2018 you have Suh and Tannehill under contract. . and a bunch of young dudes from the 2014 to 2018 drafts. No Wake, no Albert, no Williams, etc.

[video=youtube;6FHpCo1bqwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FHpCo1bqwc[/video]

If they swap Mitchell for Soliai, that is a win for us.

But Mitchell at 2.5 saved is probably going nowhere and I just do not believe you get Soliai at that number. Mitchell was on the phone with Mario Williams when he signed to welcome him to Miami.

Expect a CJ Mosley and a draft pick to go along with Suh, Mitchell and Phillips.

[video=youtube;6FHpCo1bqwc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FHpCo1bqwc[/video]

And u weren't last year when you were touting Philbin while everybody had their doubts?

Team needs to build through the draft, and a five pick swap in the first round does not change that philosophy. Doesn't mean you have to like the swap . . . But the focus on draft picks seem clear.

Team was not going anywhere this year . . . Maybe the vets unite somehow and makes the Fins competitive and who knows what happens . . . but realistically this is about 2017 and ultimately 2018.

Honestly, roll with Phillips and see how it goes...Leave the old ****ers off this roster.

And u weren't last year when you were touting Philbin while everybody had their doubts?

I did. And I've explained that and will happily do so again.

I had false hopes in Philbin turning the team around, because I didn't want to see this team hit the restart button (again) and feared Tannenbuam stepping into a position of more power. Alas, here were are.

You can applaud and cheer this offseason where we're taking in team's cast-offs, aging and declining vets, and injury prone or currently injured players while watching our younger and proven players walk out the door. I may have not been around long, but I've been around long enough to understand that fluff goes over better than reality while pandering to the crowd with unsubstantiated positivity.

I just can't lie to myself as to what I see happening and pretend otherwise.

I did. And I've explained that and will happily do so again.

I had false hopes in Philbin turning the team around, because I didn't want to see this team hit the restart button (again) and feared Tannenbuam stepping into a position of more power. Alas, here were are.

You can applaud and cheer this offseason where we're taking in team's cast-offs, aging and declining vets, and injury prone or currently injured players while watching our younger and proven players walk out the door. I may have not been around long, but I've been around long enough to understand that fluff goes over better than reality while pandering to the crowd with unsubstantiated positivity.

I just can't lie to myself as to what I see happening and pretend otherwise.

Dude, I have been down on the QB for over a year . . . While at the same time applauding a contract extension for him and hoping we do solidify the guard position, get him a playmaker outside (i was one of the conductors on that Parker train) and give him a better chance at succeeding.

I wouldn't say I am a bursting bubble of positive . . . But I am thrilled at the approach we are taking this offseason. It hasn't all gone perfect, but its better than watching us throw money at the hot chick at the bar when you don't have a place to bring her back to . . If u understand what i mean. Gotta build a foundation.

If the $'s right, do it. You'd like to see Phillips take a step forward, but DT's develop at different rates. Need some insurance.

Is Soliai an upgrade or just a sentimental favorite.

If he's an upgrade over someone already on our roster then fine. otherwise No.

This isn't the time to be sentimental. We need to get better, especially on the Oline.

A turd is an upgrade over Earl Mitchell

A turd is an upgrade over Earl Mitchell

This. IMHO Soliai would complement Suh very well eating up space. That's not at all Earl "Skates" Mitchell's game. Paul's net cost wouldn't be that much when you factor in how much we would save cutting Earl Mitchell. But as deep as the draft is at DT they may go that route instead of signing Soliai, and cut Mitchell if they are happy with who they land in the draft.

Mitchell isn't going anywhere. Not only did he play with Mario Williams in Houston but it was also during the same 3 yr time period where Vance Joseph was the defensive coach for the Texans as well. Connecting the dots (la la lala) he'll be on our roster for '16.

Personally I think you can get Soliai for around Mitchell's # and I'd do it. If you can't you look elsewhere for a plugger. It's a move I'd be happy with, but I also don't get the sense Mitchell is going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom