Adam Gase announces starting offensive lineman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase announces starting offensive lineman

I'm not convinced with those guards. I've got my fingers crossed about Pouncey's health. And I'm hoping we get the good we saw in limited doses last year from the tackles.

This is not a good OL, despite the big names and high salaries at C, LT, and RT.

raw

Well, the best news is that Pouncey is healthy. He's the key to the line.

Obviously, no one expected Steen to be the guy starting in the opener. Boone is out there, Manigold is out there. We'll have to see how things shake up.

This line could be blown up next year...depending on how JuWan James plays this year they might decide that he isn't worth $9.3M next year, Pouncey could easily be released in the offseason, and our guards are a complete mess. We could bring in four new offensive lineman next year.

We're in trouble but if Gase smells blood there will be major changes and perhaps a trade so I guess I have a tad bit of hope yet

There are three first-round picks on that offensive line.

Now, granted the players at the other two spots may be comparatively weak, but I suspect that if you surveyed the league in this regard, you wouldn't find much of a difference among the five players on the average team. Most every team will have relatively weak players at some spots on their line. In fact I think you'd find that the Dolphins have allocated more resources to their line, in terms of draft picks, than the average team.

There seems to be a common perception that the Dolphins' line has been neglected in terms of resources, and is extremely weak in comparison to the average line in the league, but again I suspect their line isn't meaningfully different from the average one.

There are three first-round picks on that offensive line.

Now, granted the players at the other two spots may be comparatively weak, but I suspect that if you surveyed the league in this regard, you wouldn't find much of a difference among the five players on the average team. In fact I think you'd find that the Dolphins have allocated more resources to their line, in terms of draft picks, than the average team.

There seems to be a common perception that the Dolphins' line has been neglected in terms of resources, and is extremely weak in comparison to the average line in the league, but again I suspect their line isn't meaningfully different from the average one.

Like every aspect in football, coaching separates them.

Like every aspect in football, coaching separates them.

Now that I can agree with. Whoever has been coaching New England's line all these years has been working magic with players whose pedigrees aren't all that great. I think some of that is also a function of the ratcheting up of effort you see in players when they're part of a winning culture.

Pretty much what we expected with Larsen going out... just gotta hope for the best out of this group... I doubt have a lot of confidence.... Asiata may earn a shot at some point... still hope we think about bringing a guard in

Now that I can agree with. Whoever has been coaching New England's line all these years has been working magic with players whose pedigrees aren't all that great. I think some of that is also a function of the ratcheting up of effort you see in players when they're part of a winning culture.

Dante Scarnecchia. He gives phenomenal clinics, too.

The most recent year he wasn't there ('15) they had significant struggles up front.

Back
Top Bottom