Adam Gase = Tony Sparano

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The team vastly overachieved last year.

Gase's offensive "genius" is overrated.

Our supposed best players are either past their prime or being overpaid.

Our young players aren't taking steps forward.

Our front office outsmarts itself constantly, whether it be contracts, draft picks, or trades.

Our fan base hasn't watched consistently good football for 20+ years.

I mean ****, we couldn't even win a Super Bowl with one of the best quarterbacks of all time. How the hell are we supposed to win one with a bottom half defense, a patchwork offensive line, and a quarterback who hasn't lived up to a top-10 selection?

So the team overachieved last year and somehow that's due to bad coaching??!?

This team shouldn't have won 4 games this year. We have no linebackers, no lineman, and depleted secondary all year. It's personnel

Are people really saying any of the other NFL head coaches not considered to be one of the top 5 coaches would have taken the same roster and injury situation and still have the team at 6-3 or 5-4 at this point? Or is there another team at 4-5 or better that has a current roster situation that is more concerning than Miami?

I don't know why Gase seems so dumb and clueless. I think he really is a very smart offensive mind so something doesn't add up to me.

The optimist in me figures he didn't see what he needed to with Cutler in practice and in games to believe the season was anything other than lost with RT gone. So why put more of his offense on tape - that will only hurt RT next year.

The pessimist in me says he simply isn't as smart as advertised, and has managed to fool people around the league.

I do love have people have rationalized Gase failures, as much as both Sparano and Campbell with vastly underqualified their teams never quit.

So the team overachieved last year and somehow that's due to bad coaching??!?

This team shouldn't have won 4 games this year. We have no linebackers, no lineman, and depleted secondary all year. It's personnel

This year's defense is easily better personnel-wise than last year's. Maybe the big difference is Burke is much worse as a coordinator than Joseph was?

I assume Joseph is calling the defensive plays for Denver? People wonder what has happened to Denver's D. I'd say it was because Wade Phillips left and Joseph took it over. You're welcome Denver...

The team vastly overachieved last year.

Gase's offensive "genius" is overrated.

Our supposed best players are either past their prime or being overpaid.

Our young players aren't taking steps forward.

Our front office outsmarts itself constantly, whether it be contracts, draft picks, or trades.

Our fan base hasn't watched consistently good football for 20+ years.

I mean ****, we couldn't even win a Super Bowl with one of the best quarterbacks of all time. How the hell are we supposed to win one with a bottom half defense, a patchwork offensive line, and a quarterback who hasn't lived up to a top-10 selection?

You shut your mouth right now. Gase has nothing on Sporano's fistpumps.

Last edited by a moderator:
This year's defense is easily better personnel-wise than last year's. Maybe the big difference is Burke is much worse as a coordinator than Joseph was?

I assume Joseph is calling the defensive plays for Denver? People wonder what has happened to Denver's D. I'd say it was because Wade Phillips left and Joseph took it over. You're welcome Denver...
That bengals defense was never a good defense to begin with.

The comparison pretty much starts and ends with the team's results in their first two years.

Gase is more like Philbin in his offensive "pedigree" so far. I'm not seeing the creativity and dynamic of a fun offense. Team can't throw it deep to Stills and DVP (but tries to throw bombs to a TE the size of a car), team can't lineup on the LOS correctly, WR screens tried every week and fail, I expected more creativity and originality from this guy. Just not there. When you get shutout multiple times, your offense sucks.

Gase is more like Philbin in his offensive "pedigree" so far. I'm not seeing the creativity and dynamic of a fun offense. Team can't throw it deep to Stills and DVP (but tries to throw bombs to a TE the size of a car), team can't lineup on the LOS correctly, WR screens tried every week and fail, I expected more creativity and originality from this guy. Just not there. When you get shutout multiple times, your offense sucks.
Philbin and Gase have had to "dumb down" the playbook. That should be all you need to know. Dolphins have drafted, and continue to draft, low IQ football players or players who refuse to learn their jobs.

I think our defensive scheme sucks...said it as soon as I heard we were going to run wide-9. It's a joke. But offensively we struggle not only because the players aren't good enough (mainly on the offensive line) but they're also too dumb to run a complicated offense. This really isn't new. It started happening in Sparano's later years, continued with Philbin and it's still here with Gase. Seems to have started about the time we drafted Pouncey.

Philbin and Gase have had to "dumb down" the playbook. That should be all you need to know. Dolphins have drafted, and continue to draft, low IQ football players or players who refuse to learn their jobs.

I think our defensive scheme sucks...said it as soon as I heard we were going to run wide-9. It's a joke. But offensively we struggle not only because the players aren't good enough (mainly on the offensive line) but they're also too dumb to run a complicated offense. This really isn't new. It started happening in Sparano's later years, continued with Philbin and it's still here with Gase. Seems to have started about the time we drafted Pouncey.

I’m not so sure that Gase has to dumb down the offense. If he did then it was pretty dumbed down in Chicago too as it’s very much the same the last 3 years. The Payton Manning years are the outlier not the norm. That’s what got him the recognition of an “offensive guru.” If the reputation was true he’d play to his players strengths and hide some of their weaknesses. He simply can’t do that as he has his offense and need precisely the right players to run it. That’s philbin ans sporano-esque and exactly why the end result will be the same. Like I’ve said before no great teacher ever blames his students. He adapts and changes what he does to help guide them towards success. Aka not Gase.

I’m not so sure that Gase has to dumb down the offense. If he did then it was pretty dumbed down in Chicago too as it’s very much the same the last 3 years. The Payton Manning years are the outlier not the norm. That’s what got him the recognition of an “offensive guru.” If the reputation was true he’d play to his players strengths and hide some of their weaknesses. He simply can’t do that as he has his offense and need precisely the right players to run it. That’s philbin ans sporano-esque and exactly why the end result will be the same. Like I’ve said before no great teacher ever blames his students. He adapts and changes what he does to help guide them towards success. Aka not Gase.

Well, something to consider with Chicago was that team was decimated by Injuries and Gase manage to get something out of it for that season. Gase's dumbing down the offense is adapting it to the players...again, on a team that has been hit extremely hard by injuries. Parker has missed games, Tannehill out, Cutler out...lineman out. I mean, the season is a wash. The dumbing down is not for the QB either...

Gase is trying to do like Belichek in NE. Everyone buys in and does their Job. The problem is that he doesn't have a QB good enough to mask other's incompetence. We won't know if he has that until Tannehill get's back - and even then we fans were unsure if he's good enough for that task... probably not. Until this franchise hits on an elite or top 10 QB we will always be mid to lower tier team. Just like everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom