Adam Gase: 'We haven't come through on offense for two years' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase: 'We haven't come through on offense for two years'

I just think Jay Cutler sucks, like many here already knew he did unlike me who was fooled, and he’s protecting Jay and his decision of signing him by dogging last years offense too. I honestly think the O-line, while not great, is shouldering too much of the blame on here. 1 sack on 2 weeks isn’t bad at all Cutler is missing wide open WR’s when he’s protected. I think we’ll have one game we’re Jay plays really well and we score a lot but I never expect consistency from Cutler. How could anyone at this point.

Reactions: <O>
vs the jets moore worked off all motion based coverage id's predicated on the fact the jets o couldn't dent the scoreboard allowing us to stick with the run game and pa...he pretty much did everything off pa...vs buffalo gase gave him a little more freedom but still highly pa based he screwed it up gase took ball out of qbs hands in the 2nd half ajayi ran thru contact like a freight train

vs pitt moores non based coverage ids due to the fact we couldn't run with success and were chasing scoreboard and sticks got exposed...and showed up what matt moore is...an ugly starting option

I really can't do another year of this no upside back up crap...enough already

Is he?, I'm beginning to wonder cause I see nothing exciting or creative to combat the things he says are the cause. It's easy to say the players are not studying, not doing what they need to do etc. but correction and progression is what the result should be from a "alleged" great offensive mind.I find it hard to believe that we have players that are so deficient that they can't operate a successful NFL offense, just can't buy that crapola.

I suspect what's happening here is that Gase doesn't have the personnel to run his particular offense effectively, and so he's appealing to the players to give extra effort to make up the difference.

The likely scenario, however, is that no amount of extra effort on their part could bridge the gap between the talent needed to make Gase's offense effective, and the talent the team actually has, particularly at the QB position.

"Either make some adjustments?" Wow! Yep, I don't think he's tried that yet...Geez these Post!

What he has tried hasn't produced better results so time to keep trying other things. Even meatball tried things like the wildcat. If this guy is supposedly an offensive guru ,even with the limitations he has personnel wise, he should be able to produce better than the garbage we have seen. I am tired of hearing excuses from him and tired of the people with aqua colored glasses defending everything this guy does. His team was unprepared and started slow in most games last year, difference is he had a better QB and faced weaker opponents. This year we are seeing the same issues, starting slow, undisciplined players, players that are unprepared. Sorry but as Head Coach it is Gase's job to resolve these issues.

as long as gase continues to believe the execution is the main problem and not his play calling (of which I'd agree) he's not gonna waiver

yes he simplified some things but the concepts are still the same they just aren't as complex...he wants these guys to execute and do their jobs...I don't blame him

Adam Gase (or whomever) better get it fixed in one year or find someone who will!!!! Burn it down

Well when we see the same problems two years in a row then he hasn't done a good job of fixing anything. Only difference between this year and last year was last year is he had a better QB and faced weaker competition. The team started slow in most games last year as well. He will get more than two years to fix things but the team should at least show some signs of progress. He gets a pass this year because he lost his starting QB. If Tannehill comes back 100% and playing like his old self next season but we still get the slow starts and players looking confused and undisciplined on the field then Gase's leeway will start to fade.

as long as gase continues to believe the execution is the main problem and not his play calling (of which I'd agree) he's not gonna waiver

yes he simplified some things but the concepts are still the same they just aren't as complex...he wants these guys to execute and do their jobs...I don't blame him

I think the problem he's having however is that he isn't realizing that very poor QB play can ramify to poor play throughout the offense, by way of opposing defenses' ability to play in different ways out of disrespect for the QB. In other words, he isn't putting enough of this on Cutler.

Jarvis Landry for example isn't going to approach a contract year by playing in such a way himself that his number of yards per completion plummets from 12.1 to 7.7, and his number of yards per target plummets from 8.7 to an atrocious 4.9. I think you have to blame the guy throwing him the ball for that, and how that allows opposing defenses to play Landry in a different way.

I was a huge Gase fan but I'm out until he finally gives Cutler some grief. I know he's your buddy and everything but look - WE ARE NOT STUPID. Is Cutler the only problem? No. But a good QB can hide a lot and Cutler does none of that, he's definitely part of the problem.

as for juice you can damn well bet if need be his agent will flat out say in negotiations the qb was the problem

and he'd be right

I have to wonder if Gase understands just how much better the offense was last year than this year.

I'm sure he understands that he had a decent QB last year and this year he does not. Why don't the fans get that? This is the only major difference between this year and last on offense. People are always looking to place the blame, but the answer is simple. And his playcalling is a reflection of reigning in Cutler to not make mistakes thus maybe giving us a chance to win. If he turns Cutler loose we have no chance to win (at least in Gase's eyes).

as for juice you can damn well bet if need be his agent will flat out say in negotiations the qb was the problem

and he'd be right
QB play has been poor but there is plenty of evidence on tape where Landry is either running the wrong route or just simply freelancing. An NFL QB doesn't throw 15 yards away from a WR due to inaccuracy, Landry has plenty of fault, it's just Tannehills knew what he was doing so could cover. I think we have to many players doing their own thing and not following the playbook. I truly believe Gase on the execution speak as there is plenty of tape to support it.

this is why people need to not overreact to what is happening this season...a competent qb gives you at worst 90 plus percent positive grades when you grade strictly the qb play and the qb ask

we haven't sniffed that all season

QB play has been poor but there is plenty of evidence on tape where Landry is either running the wrong route or just simply freelancing. An NFL QB doesn't throw 15 yards away from a WR due to inaccuracy, Landry has plenty of fault, it's just Tannehills knew what he was doing so could cover. I think we have to many players doing their own thing and not following the playbook. I truly believe Gase on the execution speak as there is plenty of tape to support it.

sorry but I don't agree with that...I watched guys line up in the wrong spots last night skill guys for Pittsburgh and the qb have to get them aligned right and he stuck daggers in the titans d all night long from a coverage read to an execution aspect

and missing landry on 3 yard pivot routes is not acceptable at this level...

anyone who looks to sign landry isn't gonna do anything with this 2017 tape considering the qb play but throw it away...especially the ypc stuff

every dc knows by now that our qb position hopped out of a trash can...the ball he threw landry into coverage and a major shot landry once he clears that first lb is looking back to the ball that ball has to be thrown where the coverage says it should on a rope so that he can protect himself from the deep coming forward safety...the opposite side boundary corner has no business even being there

I do think landrys depth on some of his routes is a little inconsistent with the stem but sometimes guys are told to run to the sticks regardless of what the actual route depth call would be...

the one thing I don't think helps though is cutler and the skill guys haven't been together all that long...3 months is long enough though...the qb can't execute as a passer

Back
Top Bottom