Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge)

Who would have been better, the huge cancer known as Kap? Unfortunately, considering the relationship Gase and Cutler had, this was the best choice.

The O-line for the most part was not horrible last year, they thought with Tunsil at LT, a healthy Pouncey, a pickup in the offseason of Larsen, and the draft of Asiata, they did enough, but as is out team, we lose Larson most of the year, Pouncey not practicing that much hurting his effectiveness, Tunsil not ready for LT as well as Asiata ready for any of the guard positions, they failed, but there was not way anyone could know how this year would go.

Gase got who he thought was the best option to help continue this team to grow, but if the QB has deficiencies, a good HC will not force them and allow him to fail. When/If Gse see's Cutler is capable to consistently throw deep passes without throwing INTs, he will start allowing him to go deep.

Miami is without it's starting QB, not effectiveness on the O-line, or RB position, yet for the 2nd year in a row Miami is finding ways to be competitive...have we forgotten how this team played with HCs past.

It baffles me that some honestly think gase doesn't call deep balls lol Halfway through the season I've learned that Gase is this years Tannehill. It's his fault no matter what. He should be fired lol He has a retired Qb and he's still 4-4. Let the players run the team and we'll see how that works. I thought discipline was a great trait to have as a Head Coach in the NFL. Maybe Im wrong Idk anymore after reading some of these crazy ideas of who's fault it is. Let's just blame Gase for everything. It is his team. Tannehill cannot be so Gase it is!! PHINS UP!! & Fire Gase!! LOL

Cutler doesn't have the arm strength to make deep throws. This is pretty obvious. The only throw over 20 yards in the air I can remember him completing is that duck he put up against the Jets that Stills went up and got.

It baffles me that some honestly think gase doesn't call deep balls lol Halfway through the season I've learned that Gase is this years Tannehill. It's his fault no matter what. He should be fired lol He has a retired Qb and he's still 4-4. Let the players run the team and we'll see how that works. I thought discipline was a great trait to have as a Head Coach in the NFL. Maybe Im wrong Idk anymore after reading some of these crazy ideas of who's fault it is. Let's just blame Gase for everything. It is his team. Tannehill cannot be so Gase it is!! PHINS UP!! & Fire Gase!! LOL

People forget what it was like with the HCs before Gase.

Even with all the issues that have hit us this year, we are still in the thick of things, and for the most part, no matter how it looks in the 1st half, I now have a feeling that in the 2nd half, a new team will be coming out...actual game adjustments, actual players playing with more fire and consistency.

Some fans would not feel right after a loss, unless they did not complain, and start naming coaches and players that needed to go.

I so hate the dink an dunk offense. I do not believe in 3-5 yard passes. I do not believe in passing to a WR 2-3 yards deep on our side of the LOS either. I think to run the ball hard and then throw play action passes.

If we need 7 yards for a first down and the WR runs a 5-yard pattern I'd reem him out.

It seems like we have an offensive line that are "finesse" players.

This wussy offense is one reason I'm down on Gase. He started with it last year and then he and Ajayi had the talk and we started playing better RUNNING the ball more.

People forget what it was like with the HCs before Gase.

Even with all the issues that have hit us this year, we are still in the thick of things, and for the most part, no matter how it looks in the 1st half, I now have a feeling that in the 2nd half, a new team will be coming out...actual game adjustments, actual players playing with more fire and consistency.

Some fans would not feel right after a loss, unless they did not complain, and start naming coaches and players that needed to go.

Trust me brother, I'm probably one of the worst sports on the board. Like all of us, I consider myself as loyal as any Fin Fan on the board ,so I dont think placing blame on our on players and especially Adam Gase is necessary every time we lose. It may sound dumb but I believe people forgot what it feels like to lose after finishing the year 9-2. I said that because I did. I had total confidence every game last year (with Tannehill). Gase has had to deal with the most adversity and all in all I think he's handled it well. Like you said, we're 4-4 and 1 game from the playoffs with a retired Qb (not named Favre or Manning or even Romo lol). If we got rid of Gase, I can bet 5-7 teams would make him their first priority. I HATE losing but love the Dolphins and don't think we should call for the coaches head after every loss. I could see if we were you know..1-7 or even 2-6. We have a 500% record with Jay Cutler. I think the Ajayi trade is going to open our eyes to Drake who besides the fumble had a good game. Remember who came before Gase and then look up to the sky and thank God he's our coach. Give him a chance to make his own team the way he wants it. I know we all just want to win so I understand. PHINS UP!!! Believe in Gase!! His plan will work!!

I so hate the dink an dunk offense. I do not believe in 3-5 yard passes. I do not believe in passing to a WR 2-3 yards deep on our side of the LOS either. I think to run the ball hard and then throw play action passes.

If we need 7 yards for a first down and the WR runs a 5-yard pattern I'd reem him out.

It seems like we have an offensive line that are "finesse" players.

This wussy offense is one reason I'm down on Gase. He started with it last year and then he and Ajayi had the talk and we started playing better RUNNING the ball more.

Not getting on you at all lol Do you honestly think Gase doesn't call deep shots? Do you possibly agree that maybe Cutler doesn't have the confidence or ability to throw successful deep balls? Last year, the same Head Coach made Tannehill into the 4th best deep ball passer. Coach has a known track record for opening offenses and getting the ball down field. He's done it everywhere he went.

Not getting on you at all lol Do you honestly think Gase doesn't call deep shots? Do you possibly agree that maybe Cutler doesn't have the confidence or ability to throw successful deep balls? Last year, the same Head Coach made Tannehill into the 4th best deep ball passer. Coach has a known track record for opening offenses and getting the ball down field. He's done it everywhere he went.

I dont think it is the lack of deep shots he has beef with.

It is the EXCESSIVE number of short plays that is the problem.

Our offense sorely lacks an intermediate passing attack.

And I agree, it is frustrating to see us constantly dumping the ball off behind the LoS. Moreso on third down.

I dont want to see us become KC south either. But I think ALOT of what we have seen this year is due to our limitations at QB and Oline.

Hopefully Gase fixes this in the offseason and gives us a better brand of football.

I dont think it is the lack of deep shots he has beef with.

It is the EXCESSIVE number of short plays that is the problem.

Our offense sorely lacks an intermediate passing attack.

And I agree, it is frustrating to see us constantly dumping the ball off behind the LoS. Moreso on third down.

I dont want to see us become KC south either. But I think ALOT of what we have seen this year is due to our limitations at QB and Oline.

Hopefully Gase fixes this in the offseason and gives us a better brand of football.

I 100% agree. Tannehill was the king of intermediate routes. Having Tannehill back will solve a lot of issues with the passing game. I thought throwing swing routes on 1st and 10 was a great idea to open up the offense and gives us a manageable first down chance. We'll see how everything turns out. Imagine any team going from a top 12 passer to the 30th best lol Spells trouble and yet we still are 4-4. PHINS UP!!

I 100% agree. Tannehill was the king of intermediate routes.

Last year split stats don't support your crowning of Ryan.

Passes thrown 11-20 yards

44 for 88 for 750 yards with 5 TD's and 6 Ints and a passer rating of 69.8 (Well below his career average)

44 for 88 for 750 yards with 5 TD's and 6 Ints and a passer rating of 69.8 (Well below his career average)

I meant career wise and not exactly intermediate but for argument sake, you got me. I was wrong saying intermediate because I didn't take into account it's strictly 11-20 yd throws. I guess a 10 yd pass is considered short. I'll take a short throw every down then lol Damn, he must of had a hell of a year throwing deep with those stats lol Before last year, every Dolphin fan complained about Tannehills deep ball while being an accurate short to intermediate thrower (rightly so). With Tannehill, there really wasn't a lot of worry throwing the ball 8-12 yds on a rope on a 3rd and 7. It's so obvious that Tannehill has a ton of velocity on his balls. The difference between Jay and Ryan is huge in that regard. Gase really brought out the best in Tannehill. Can't wait to see him back healthy. Phins Up!!!

Last edited:
If you look at Ryan's intermediate passes last year it is actually very good except for the 6 interceptions. The YPA is almost 10 and passer rating would be great if you take away several of those interceptions. So I do get what you were seeing.

Tom Brady Passes thrown 11-20 yards last year

60 for 87 for 1192 yards with 12 TD's and 0 Ints and a passer rating of 150

Nobody does it better than Tom Brady.

If you look at Ryan's intermediate passes last year it is actually very good except for the 6 interceptions. The YPA is almost 10 and passer rating would be great if you take away several of those interceptions. So I do get what you were seeing.

not trying to sound like a total homer, but I recall a decent amount of ints last year that I would place on the wr for whatever reason, usually a drop/tipped pass, I can't fault a qb for those

not trying to sound like a total homer, but I recall a decent amount of ints last year that I would place on the wr for whatever reason, usually a drop/tipped pass, I can't fault a qb for those

Yes, remember those as well. Was just trying to show the king of intermediate is still Tom Brady.....

Yes, remember those as well. Was just trying to show the king of intermediate is still Tom Brady.....

I didn't actually mean the best in the league at intermediate balls thrown lol Tannehill isn't the king in any statistical category. I meant those 5-15 yd passes have been his bread and butter throughout his career. Last year, fortunately for us, Ryan developed a beautiful deep ball with 8 tds and 4 ints (85 rating) of passes thrown 21 yds or more. This season is just not what the real Dolphins are going to be. I'm pessimistic as hell and still think this team has a lot of reasons to believe in. Brady threw 28 tds and 1 int LOL Cannot stand him as a person (total prick in my experiences) but that dude is ridiculous. Hopefully the rumor of Belichick retiring sooner than later is real!! Imagine if the Colts stayed in our division with Brady and Peyton for 15 yrs lol The NFL did that on purpose. I still don't know how we're not in the AFC South yet the Colts and Titans are. AFC South really should be Texans, Jags, Fins, Titans. That would be nice to not have to go to NY or Mass every divisional game. Keep the faith!! PHINS UP!!

Back
Top Bottom