Adding a back through FA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adding a back through FA

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Let me say that I would love Bell, but that's a luxury we cannot afford. I am not sure Doug Martin is durable enough or big enough to compliment Drake, and then there is cost too. So what does everyone think of Isaiah Crowell as a potential free agent? Or how about Carlos Hyde? Where would you feel comfortable in guaranteed money?

I think Crowell is better than Hyde but seeing as how Hyde would give us the power back we lack, I'd rather we sign him. He's also not a terrible pass catching back. For a soon to be 28 year old HB I'd feel comfortable with 2-3 years and 3 million million guaranteed.

Anderson will probably be our top target. But if we go the FA route- Anderson, Crowell, Hill, and Hyde would all be good options. But do they want to be part of a committee?

Anderson will probably be our top target. But if we go the FA route- Anderson, Crowell, Hill, and Hyde would all be good options. But do they want to be part of a committee?

My first choice is Hyde with Anderson and Hill as my next up and I’m not a huge fan of Crowell

there is no way $3M in guarantees. LOL. It would be about $10-$12M right?

But this is the trend of the NFL, this shouldn't come as a shock to any of these guys.

I'm onboard with signing Anderson, Hyde, Crowell or Hill to a lesser degree. Although I would also want to draft a back to add to the group as well. If you add Anderson, Hyde or Crowell than you could wait until the 6th or 7th round before adding a back. There might even be a few undrafted free agent options. Alfred Blue is a very cheap free agent option as a complimentary back.

I'd prefer an UDFA unless we can sign a guy cheap. Real cheap.

Otherwise grab some fresh legs late in the draft.

RB's are so cheap that it doesn't make sense to pass on practically any upgrades in FA. Crowell, Hyde, Hill, and Anderson is a solid group. Maybe I'll be wrong, and a couple will get surprising contracts, but at least one or two of the four should be very cheap. Every one of these RB's suffered from poor QB and poor OL play in 2017, and each is a physical and would serve as a good compliment to Drake.

Potential hurdles: what type of role are they looking for? vs what role is Miami willing to promise? Miami also needs at least one or two more RB's who excel in the passing game, and these players range from not-good to OK receivers. But, Miami still needs a physical RB to get tough yards inside, so there should be room. Otherwise, you're looking for guys like Chubb or Freeman to fall.

Back
Top Bottom