Adding a threat to Drake | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adding a threat to Drake

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Gase said in his final press conf that he preferred a two-back system. What are your thoughts on either a rookie, Love, Johnson, Guice, Chubbs or Michel and where do you think they would land? And your thoughts on having two backs rotate? In addition, what about Leveon Bell? I left Barkley off, because I don't think Miami would trade up or he would land at 11.

Personally for me, I'd love to draft a back in round 2, preferably one from the SEC, but Love is a solid back too. I am not not sold on Drake's durability, but whoever we draft, should be a 3 down back. We need to keep the formula alive still, dual threat RBs and a hopefully a middle seam TE

Sony Michel is a guy I'd welcome on my team for sure.

However, I am not using a 2nd round pick on a RB and neither will the Dolphins. They didn't want to invest money in the RB spot so that was a factor in trading Ajayi that not many people wanted to acknowledge. Aside from being a malcontent, he was inevitably going to be seeking a raise. While I too worry about Drake's durability given his college history, he appears to have gotten substantially bigger in the pro's. He's going to be the primary RB in the 2018 and 2019.

OG, C, TE, OLB and FS all need to be addressed before the RB.

Le'Veon Bell is going to make 20 x more money than Drake the next 2 seasons, it won't be in Miami.

Sony Michel is a guy I'd welcome on my team for sure.

However, I am not using a 2nd round pick on a RB and neither will the Dolphins. They didn't want to invest money in the RB spot so that was a factor in trading Ajayi that not many people wanted to acknowledge. Aside from being a malcontent, he was inevitably going to be seeking a raise. While I too worry about Drake's durability given his college history, he appears to have gotten substantially bigger in the pro's. He's going to be the primary RB in the 2018 and 2019.

OG, C, TE, OLB and FS all need to be addressed before the RB.

Le'Veon Bell is going to make 20 x more money than Drake the next 2 seasons, it won't be in Miami.
You're forgetting DE which is a big need too. Counting on Harris and a 36 year old Wake for a pass rush is not a good idea

Ozzy rules!!

The RB class is very deep...

There will be good quality in Rounds 4 and later. Penny is my top choice in that range and Sony is easily moving up draft boards to put him in the 2nd round. LJ Scott is another name to consider, he has been a very good player at MSU, but has had some off the field issue, but mainly due to being a shitty driver.

I wouldn't mind Lagarrette Blount to pair with Drake. He's not too expensive.
I am kind of meh on Blount. It was mentioned in another thread about C.J Anderson...good fit. My guess is that they use a mid round pick on a back. Although I do like the idea of a power back that can convert some short yardage chances(Blount), I find him a bit one dimensional

You're forgetting DE which is a big need too. Counting on Harris and a 36 year old Wake for a pass rush is not a good idea

Ozzy rules!!

DE is a first or second round position, like QB. It's certainly important and might very well be our No.1 pick 2019.

I think 2018 is going to finally address the positions that have hindered us for more than a decade. The conversation begins with those weakness's, TE and interior OL.

Investing our first three picks in 2017 on defense and expecting all 3 of those guys to contribute in year two the way the 2016 draft class did this season means we are going to help our franchise QB first and fore most.

I think day 3 is the right time to add a rb. Better guys will go off the board first for sure, but round 4-5 you might be able to land a steal. If Penny or Josh Adams last to the 4th, I would go for that. Maybe snag Nick Chubb in the 3rd

impact wise, Harris did squat for us as a DE.
Tired of projects. If you told me I could get a RB and TE in first two rounds that would start and be productive, vs other non scoring positions, I might listen

I think day 3 is the right time to add a rb. Better guys will go off the board first for sure, but round 4-5 you might be able to land a steal. If Penny or Josh Adams last to the 4th, I would go for that. Maybe snag Nick Chubb in the 3rd
this is why we suck. sure wait day 3 for a RB or QB. LOL

this is why we suck. sure wait day 3 for a RB or QB. LOL

Yes, lets use a 2nd (or 1st, seems to be what you may be suggesting in the op) round pick on a rb when we already have a competent one in house. When we could spend the pick on somewhere we actually need it

Drake was a 3rd rounder. Ajayi was a 5th. Alex Collins whom you were touting the other day, also a 5th. Examples can be found all over the league.

Ozzy rules!!
how is this a need? That means Miami failed with Branch and Harris
How many people do we need at DE?
Wake is at 9M
Branch $12M
Harris $7M

You want more here? Then fire Burke

Yes, lets use a 2nd (or 1st, seems to be what you may be suggesting in the op) round pick on a rb when we already have a competent one in house. When we could spend the pick on somewhere we actually need it
competent? He played well for a few games and is injury-prone. guess what? the old way of thinking doesn't work. think outside the box. enough guards and ends in the 1st round. doesnt work

competent? He played well for a few games and is injury-prone. guess what? the old way of thinking doesn't work. think outside the box. enough guards and ends in the 1st round. doesnt work

Ends in the first round? I'm all for that premier pass rushers are typically 1st rounders.

How many injuries has Drake had as a pro?

Also, when was the last time we took a guard in the first round?

how is this a need? That means Miami failed with Branch and Harris
How many people do we need at DE?
Wake is at 9M
Branch $12M
Harris $7M

You want more here? Then fire Burke

Wake is older and you need to think about replacing that...DE is also a rotational position where it is wise be 2 deep at the position as well.

Back
Top Bottom