Additional O line options | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Additional O line options

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance the Raiders will release 1-2 of their older lineman as they drafted O line in the first two rounds. They got Gallery and Grove making Robbins, Kenney and maybe others expendible. I am not all that familiar with their line but Robbins might be a good addition. I know he suffers from a personality disorder but with meds it should not be a problem. He would fit right in with Ricky, Boston, etc. We could then move McKinney to RG and solidify both positions. Improve the play calling on the O line and strengthen the G position. If and I mean if Kennedy is still worth much he would be an improvement over St. Clair. Thoughts?

seems to me that Rick is trying to get young, agressive OLmen aboard. So I do not think we want any OLmen except as a backup.

dolphan39 said:
seems to me that Rick is trying to get young, agressive OLmen aboard. So I do not think we want any OLmen except as a backup.

Robbins isn't old like Kennedy and the C position requires some experience to play call well.

If Robbins can stay focused I would like to pick him up. But I am not sure where his head is at these days. Might be too much of a gamble, but if he comes cheap.....

I also think it wouldn't hurt to have an older veteran guy starting on the Line. I think the oldest starter we have is James and I think he is only 26 or 27.

Here's the rundowns on the Oakland possible cuts-

LT/LG Barry Sims 6'5" 295 29 years old
A real good pass blocker. I dont know if we got him, we could be able to keep him out of the LT position. Nothing special in terms of run blocking.

LG Frank Middleton 6'3" 330 29 years old
Big, strong, mauling run blocker. Not a puller type. Not that great of a pass blocker, and has some weight issues.

C Barret Robbins 6'3" 320 30 years old
Best run blocker of the bunch. Has the speed to pull, and pretty good pass blocking skills. Under perfect conditions, he would probabaly be the best interior player of the bunch. He's got mental problems, and he's got a knee which I dont know is resolved or not.

RG Mo Collins 6'4" 325 27 years old
Good run blocker like Middleton, shows flashes of greatness at it. Not a noteworthy in pass protection(Failed LT). Has weight issues.

RT Lincoln Kennedy 6'6" 335 33 years old
Huge, all around good player. Gets fat, though, and is old.

The only guy I'd be interested in taking a look at is Robbins. I could care less about any of the rest of them.

Wasn't one of the big problems with the Raiders last year their offensive and defensive lines? That's why they spent their first 2 picks on OL.

Unless they feel that McI won't be available at all this year, I wouldn't want any more of those guys....St. Clair is either going to shine this year (maybe at RG) or be the same as Sims, Middleton, or Collins. McKinney...same thing. It's his turn to break out. Whitley/Jerman probably another year for those guys, but one could be pressed into action and do adequately if Carey doesn't grasp the RT position as quick as we assume he will. If he does like I expect, St. Clair could be moved to RG where the position suits his play better. Smith could be questioned, but indications are he will be better than last year. McI..if he returns, I foresee him being a backup this year to L and RT. He can play inside as well...We have some very solid-to-budding star players on the OL right now. If we bring someone else in, I think it would be due to an injury of one of these players...

VanDolPhan said:
Wasn't one of the big problems with the Raiders last year their offensive and defensive lines? That's why they spent their first 2 picks on OL.
I think they know they need to rebuild. I could see them even going for Collins and releasing Gannon for that reason. especially with Norv's vertical offense. Robbins would be great. He had one issue and with meds seems fine. His experience play calling would be a great asset. Its something Seth seems to be strugling with. Seth could watch Robbins for a year or two from RG and move over then.

I am not all that familiar with their line but Robbins might be a good addition.

I agree. He'd fit right in in Miami. Just like all the rest of the fins, give him a chance to play in the SB and he'll be gone south of the border instead. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom