AFC Extremely Pedestrian After Week 1

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolph N.Fan, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

It's only one week even before the Chargers and Broncos play and I gotta say Miami should be feeling good about their chances in this conference if week one is closer to the norm than the outlier.

Kansas City was obviously the most impressive team with their demolition of New England. Miami has the offensive weapons to expose New England like Kansas City did.

Oakland was ok on the road at Tennessee. Not great not bad. Houston was absolutely horrid at home vs Jacksonville giving up 10 sacks in a game where Bortles didn't even have 130 yards passing and the Texans still loss by 22.

Colts eradicated 46-9 vs the Goff led Rams and I honestly don't even think the game was that close.

The Bengals didn't even score. I was at that game vs the Ravens and both teams were mediocre on offense. Flacco was awful but didn't turn the ball over like crazy...like the 5 dalton turnovers.

Pittsburgh is supposed to have an elite offense but had some issues with lowly Cleveland and had to have a big catch from Antonio Brown to put away Cleveland late. Not very impressive.

And we don't need to discuss the Jets and the Bills...those are two bad teams.

Again it's only one week, teams will improve but you gotta like Miami's chances. Who would have thought after signing a briefly retired QB, after losing their starter for the season, that Miami would have one of the more stable QB situations in the conference?

The fans in Cincy were calling for Dalton to be benched, Houston and Indianapolis benching QBs already, Jets and Browns experimenting at QB, Jacksonville and Buffalo going in with qbs no one trusts.

Just saying...

Pandarilla likes this.
  2. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

I'm just hoping we dont join that list next Sunday. After seeing how rusty everyone looks I'm worried LA will be less rusty than we will be.

rrrrphin and Paul54 like this.
  3. number1fin

number1fin #onephin Donator

We always beat the bolts plus Rivers is good for 1-2 picks every time we play em

I like our chances!!!:thumbsup

4. DZimmer000

DZimmer000 BJJ Black Belt

I agree with everything you said.... But Denver looks pretty good at home.

5. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

You must've forgotten about the 30-14 *** whoopin' they gave us at the end of '15. They will be ready next week for their home opener. But, I have a feeling that stadium will be at least half full of Dolphins fans.

6. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

Chargers look like complete garbage. Rivers 60 passing yards after 3 quarters.

7. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

lol wow

8. clownfish

clownfish A True Fan

Melvin Gordon and Joey Bosa are the only good players the Bolts have.

9. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

The Chargers game is probably going to feel like a home game for the Fins.

10. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

Rivers is avg over hype. remain me of cutler w bears.

11. Goin` Deep

He just put up 106 yds and 2 more TDs in the last 8 minutes to pull within three. I'm not a fan....but he can get hot quick.

12. Lilseb93

The Chargers aren't terrible. They have a defense that can turn the ball over, a good QB, and weapons on offense. They are pretty decent, somewhat underrated. They just so happen to play in arguably the most competitive division in football.

The Broncos are falling apart right now. They can't protect the QB and they are turning the ball over.

13. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

You say hot I say epic collapse by Denver. Hell I hope they win. Rather play them coming off an emotional comeback win than a loss.

14. Goin` Deep

I agree

15. Lilseb93

How do you let the clock drop down that much?

16. Lilseb93

That was one of the worst 2 min offenses I have ever seen. They let a min run off the clock.

17. raving

raving Starter

Careful about translating week 1 performance into season long trajectories. Teams no longer use pre-season to prepare bc of injury risk. So teams come out without any timing rhythm or pace...qbs are rusty looking bc of feel for timing and pocket presence.
    Miami is very good though because Gase is a real Coach - I love that guy!

18. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I expect the Dolphins to look rusty as hell to start the game. That would've been the case even with Tannehill being at QB. Whether it makes a difference or not, one saving grace could be the awful stadium the game will take place in. 26-27k, really? As others have alluded to, Miami fans travel well in L.A. It will be interesting.

19. hoops

hoops exited stage left

I saw 6 games this weekend including the games of 2 of our next 3 opponents and the most impressive were Kansas City and Oakland specifically Oaklands defense which got a loaded and I mean loaded offensive skill position Tennessee team behind the sticks. Which is what you have to do to limit that offense. Boy are they loaded talent wise at the skill positions on o.

Oaklands defense plays like that with that oline and marshawn setting a tone and finishing games watch out.

rickd13 likes this.
  20. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

You can never make snap judgments from week one games, week one is always nuts.

That said, Kansas City will be a very dangerous football team if Andy Reid actually dials up some deep shots. Alex Smith is not unable to throw it deep, he's just never asked to. Go back and watch him when he was on the 49ers under Harbaugh before he got hurt, he can definitely make nice downfield throws. Saw it on Thursday night.

21. Bopkin02

Bopkin02 Seasoned Veteran

Another thing about playing vs San Diego away- first year in their new stadium- what kind of fan base do they even have there? How pumped will the team be running into a stadium in a new city? Have to wonder about that emotional edge playing a team in their home opener, when the home opener is foreign to them as well.

22. 39wildman

39wildman A True Fan

1.dolphins will need win 10 games to make playoff.
    2. afc playoff, Pats, Pit, oak, kc, titans,
    3. the last spot.... Den, Bal or Mia
    4. This might be Pats last yr winning afc east..
    5. This Sunday will let me know more about dolphins????

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Osmo likes this.