afc is WIDE open | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

afc is WIDE open

CorduroyG

Rookie
Reaction score
suddenly those road games against baltimore oakland and denver dont look quite as tough. even the chiefs looked like garbage yesterday.

if cutler can play like he did against san diego and the 2nd half yesterday we got a shot to be a playoff team, assuming the defense is legit. yesterday really changed my outlook on the season, if we beat the jets and get to 4-2 (which we should) suddenly getting to 10-6 isnt that daunting.

suddenly those road games against baltimore oakland and denver dont look quite as tough. even the chiefs looked like garbage yesterday.

if cutler can play like he did against san diego and the 2nd half yesterday we got a shot to be a playoff team, assuming the defense is legit. yesterday really changed my outlook on the season, if we beat the jets and get to 4-2 (which we should) suddenly getting to 10-6 isnt that daunting.

The raiders game is actually in Miami!! Which is even better!!

It is but I'm sure fans of every AFC NFL city are saying the same. Still waiting for NE to catch fire but I'm sure they have enough talent in their front 7.

Right now it’s truly Any Given Sunday with this team, meaning they could lose any game or win any game. To me that says they’ll most likely split their remaining games and end up at 9-7 or 8-8.

We have six games left at home. We have to win them all. No excuses. That is the key to our playoff hopes.

But first we need to beat the Jets on Sunday. Which won't be easy.

Oakland and Denver come to Miami.

Glad some of you are starting to get it....good post!

If the offense simply gets good enough to put up 20+ points a game...with a good run ning game ....coupled with our defense we have a playoff team.

This team is a work in progress....the improvement in the linebackers...the emergence of Tankersly to pair with Howard....and McDonald joins Jones in a few weeks to form a hard hitting safety combo.

This defense is legit...if our O-line gels...gives Cutler the protection he needs to get comfortable with his new receivers....we are playoff bound....mark my words!

And right now we're in the playoffs!! PHINS UP!! Cutler just needs to be a decent-good QB and the sky's the limit for us. http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture
3 teams from the AFC East are in lol Crazy!! And the Raiders and Broncos are losing to the terrible Chargers and Giants lol

Cutler needs the O-line to be good enough to execute and get in sync with his receivers...then we are in good shape.

I’m not counting any chickens with this team

I’m not either but if Cutler can just repeat that second half vs Atl for the whole game every week then we definitely have a shot. That will help open things up for Ajayi who is our offensive MVP. I also thing that our D will get better every week. We should be 6-2 by the time we play Carolina.

It would trouble me if Cutler reversed the halves. Say he nailed it in the first half and slumped in the second. But what he did is grow and progress with the o-line and receivers. Maybe it took 5 games to gel, but in that stretch we are 3-2-acceptable.

It does matter how we go forward though. Losing to the jets in our house would be a leap backwards.

Back
Top Bottom