AFC Predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Predictions

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
A little early, but just for fun here are my AFC predictions for the 2017 season.

AFC East
New England 15-1
Miami 9-7
Buffalo 6-10
New York 2-14

Notes: On paper it looks like the best Patriots team since 2007. Miami could contend, but loss of Ryan Tannehill will hurt. Buffalo's recent trades sends a strong message to the players --- the team is building toward 2018. The Jets don't have and NFL caliber quarterback on their roster and figure to be in the running for the number one pick.

AFC West
Kansas City 11-5
Oakland 10-6
Denver 8-8
LA Chargers 7-9

Notes: Went back and forth on Kansas City and Oakland. Either of these clubs could be the top challenger for New England. This could be the best division in football with Denver still a threat on defense and the Chargers looking much improved on paper.

AFC North
Pittsburgh 9-7
Baltimore 8-8
Cincinnati 7-9
Cleveland 4-12

Notes: Pittsburgh has one of the better offenses if Big Ben is healthy, but I could see them taking a step down as well. Baltimore could come back a bit and Cincinnati is still a playoff hopeful. The Browns improve by three wins.

AFC South
Houston 11-5
Tennessee 11-5
Jacksonville 6-10
Indianapolis 5-11

Notes: This division is improving. Looks like Houston may have found their quarterback, which could mean a deep playoff run. Marcus Mariota may be the best young quarterback in the conference and the Titans are putting players around him. Jacksonville has a lot of pieces and could improve quite a bit. The status on Andrew Luck bears watching for the Colts.

Division Winners
New England
Kansas City
Pittsburgh
Houston

Wildcards
Oakland
Tennessee

AFC Championship Game
New England 34, Oakland 24

Last edited:
I say its Oakland/NE and the circle of life comes around for Brady to hand the future off to Carr after he stole it from the same franchise 16 years ago.

Nice predictions....I believe Cleveland improves more....probably 6 wins....also believe Tennessee wins their division and Houston takes a step back but not by much....Miami will win at least 10 games and be in contention for a playoff appearance with New England 13-3 or 12-4....

Despite all of the despair on these boards, we still have a solid squad. My main hope is for playoff contention through late December and a win vs the Pats

So sad that we expect NE to win every game now. That's how obnoxious the NFL is at the moment. Someone please pull a Calais Campbell on Brady - twice - one for each knee. Then pull a Suh and stomp on him.

There is no doubt New England has gone all in on ending the Belichek & Brady era with a splash....sometimes these things work and sometimes they don't.

My money says the Patsies are marked and targets every week....and the law of averages plays catch up this year.

I think you nailed the 6 playoff teams. Houston needs to make the switch from savage to Watson. It's only a matter of time.

Tennessee may be still too young so someone else could sneak in so there's a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel I guess.

It won't be Indianapolis I know that much. Baltimore is in for a down year I think the cinci window has closed. Here's hoping miamis not sludging it with buffalo. Pittsburgh should run away with its division. Denver another team destined to be mired in mediocrity.

I think it's realistic to put Miami still somewhere in that 6 to 8 range in the afc but it's gonna depend on how many games the qb play is actually losing for us.

If we can avoid that we can be in the hunt in December

AFC East:
1. Patriots 14-2
2. Dolphins 9-7
3. Bills 7-9
4. Jets 2-14

AFC West:
1. Raiders 13-3
2. Chiefs 10-6
3. Broncos 8-8
4. Chargers 6-10

AFC North:
1. Steelers 11-5
2. Bengals 8-8
3. Ravens 8-8
4. Browns 3-13

AFC South:
1. Titans 11-5
2. Texans 10-6
3. Colts 6-10
4. Jaguars 5-11

Playoffs:
1. Patriots
2. Raiders
3. Steelers
4. Titans
5. Texans
6. Chiefs

the second best team in afc is steelers. the only way they go to superbowl is if one of the other team beat patriots. if not look for N.E to return to sb....after a blow out win over steelers again in afc championship games.

There is no doubt New England has gone all in on ending the Belichek & Brady era with a splash....sometimes these things work and sometimes they don't.

My money says the Patsies are marked and targets every week....and the law of averages plays catch up this year.

Problem is, other than the NY Giants and us (sometimes), the rest of the league shits all over themselves when they play the pats.

props for the effort. i don't think the playoff seeding will be the exact same this season except for #6 seed, but stranger things have happened.

Back
Top Bottom