AFCE Coaches. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFCE Coaches.

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
For agruments sake and lack of any interesting reports, there could be one hell of a chess match in this division.

Bellichick- no one gets his team as well prepared as he does. The Pats IMO was one of the best teams when it came to gameplanning. How much of his success should be credited to Crennel and Weiss . This guy doesn't show any emotion even after a win. He's all business.

Herm Edwards- Great motivator but the Jets have been mediocre for the longest time. I do believe that their team is poised to challenge the Patriots this year if Chad can stay healthy. Their D is getting better by adding an aggressive DC.

Saban- great and proven DC. Assembled what seems to be a good coaching staff. I have no doubt in my mind that like BB, he will get his team ready on Sundays. Nazzi? So is BB and Parcells. All business. I would love to see who outsmarts who when the fins play the Pats next year.

Mularkey- just like Saban, the jury is still out. Despite Drew, he still had a decent 1st year. He couldn't run the offense he wanted w/ a qb who was less mobile than the statue of Liberty. He's been very successful as an OC w/ mediocre qb's like Maddox and Slash when he was in Pitts.

Not only do AFCE teams play harder w/ in the division, it got even harder with all the brains thrusts behind the teams. It isn't about just talent anymore. It's is now a chess game and whoever can put his pieces in strategic positions should win. I have no doubt that Saban will be up there.

I expect this to turn into smack at some point but let's try to keep it on the minimum (wishful thnking).

Great motivator but the Jets have been mediocre for the longest time

Under Herm the Jets have been to the playoffs 3 of 4 years, the div rd 2 of those 3 years, and won an AFC East title(the only team besides the Pats in that span). How is that mediocre? Mediocre is finishing around .500 evry year and missing the playoffs, the Bills have been medicore the past few years. The Jets have been one of the better teams in the conference.

aside from coaching, just with the players the AFC EAST is by far the hardest division in the entire NFL. No division comes close.

nyjunc said:
Under Herm the Jets have been to the playoffs 3 of 4 years, the div rd 2 of those 3 years, and won an AFC East title(the only team besides the Pats in that span). How is that mediocre? Mediocre is finishing around .500 evry year and missing the playoffs, the Bills have been medicore the past few years. The Jets have been one of the better teams in the conference.
Depends on how you define mediocrity. IMO ,anytime you just barely makeplayoffs, youre mediocre.

Actually the bills have been less than mediocre IMO since the Kelly era.

Justasportsfan said:
Depends on how you define mediocrity. IMO ,anytime you just barely makeplayoffs, youre mediocre.

Anytime you MAKE the playoffs your an ELITE team, not MEDIOCRE. Where do you get your thought process from???

Justasportsfan said:

Barely making the playoffs might be losing in the WC rd but we've made the div rd 2 of the last 3 years and making the playoffs at all is not medicority. Medicority is just missing the playoffs.

NFC east is pretty tough now too

No it's not, they have one very good team and 3 mediocre or worse teams.

dolfreak said:
Anytime you MAKE the playoffs your an ELITE team, not MEDIOCRE. Where do you get your thought process from???
So Wanny's ran an elite team? like I said, it depends on you definition of mediocre or you standards.

the one thing about saban going against Bellicheck, If (and that's a big if at this point) he has any success other teams will look at the films and immulate whatever he does. If this happens other teams might have some success againts the Pats too. No let me say again...this is a big IF. We all know how much the NFL is a copycat league. I do think Saban knows bellicheck about as well as any coach in the league. (except Cremel in Cleveland)

immulate?

you mean immitate or emulate i think..i could be wrong...english is my second language..bad english being my first

dolfreak said:

So, we were an ELITE team under Wanny in 2000 and 2001?
12 teams out of 32 make the playoffs. Thats just a little over 1/3.
Being in the top third is maybe a little better than "mediocre", but it certainly isnt elite.

Justasportsfan said:
So Wanny's ran an elite team? like I said, it depends on you definition of mediocre or you standards.

Did wannys team make the playoffs. YES. Elite out of 32 teams. What you do IN the playoffs is what makes you great or not. The Chargers had an Elite team last year and so did the Steelers, what did they do in the playoffs??? NOTHING. But in season they WERE an Elite team

dolfreak said:
Did wannys team make the playoffs. YES. Elite out of 32 teams. What you do IN the playoffs is what makes you great or not. The Chargers had an Elite team last year and so did the Steelers, what did they do in the playoffs??? NOTHING. But in season they WERE an Elite team
I thought elite teams are the ones that can win big games? Final 4 is what I consider elite. The best of the AFC and NFC.

Okay so we don't share the definition or don't the have the same standards. Let's move on.

the STEELERS lost 1 game in the regular season, is that not elite????

Back
Top Bottom