AFCME's First "Unofficial" 2013 NFL Mock-Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFCME's First "Unofficial" 2013 NFL Mock-Draft

AFCMiamiEast

Active Roster
Reaction score
1) Tyler Eifert TE - Notre Dame(I would explore all trade down options before drafting him at 12.)

2a) Johnthan Banks CB - Mississippi State

2b) Justin Hunter WR - Tennessee

3a) Cornellius Carradine DE - Florida State

3b) Le'veon Bell RB - Michigan State

Tavon Austin was the guy I wanted the past few weeks at 12, but Eifert seems like the safer, and overall better pick now. There is no telling if Keller will be here after the 2013 season closes. Eifert is a near lock to be a serviceable tight end, and displays INCREDIBLE hands when in tight windows, and there is no one better at the tight end position during jump ball situations.

At 6'6, Eifert has the height you want in your starting tight end, and solid footwork to make open field defenders miss. He has above average speed for his position to run the seam and has the agility of a WR.

(I will discuss the rest in comments. )

Would be a sweet draft, but I can't imagine Carradine falling out of the 1st, and I think it's unlikely that Hunter falls out of the 1st.

1) Tyler Eifert TE - Notre Dame(I would explore all trade down options before drafting him at 12.)

2a) Johnthan Banks CB - Mississippi State

2b) Justin Hunter WR - Tennessee

3a) Cornellius Carradine DE - Florida State

3b) Le'veon Bell RB - Michigan State

Tavon Austin was the guy I wanted the past few weeks at 12, but Eifert seems like the safer, and overall better pick now. There is no telling if Keller will be here after the 2013 season closes. Eifert is a near lock to be a serviceable tight end, and displays INCREDIBLE hands when in tight windows, and there is no one better at the tight end position during jump ball situations.

At 6'6, Eifert has the height you want in your starting tight end, and solid footwork to make open field defenders miss. He has above average speed for his position to run the seam and has the agility of a WR.

(I will discuss the rest in comments. )

Not bad, although I do think Jhonathan Banks will have the same issues in this defense that Sean Smith had, being a big press corner with average speed. Also, I assume you'd address the offensive line in free agency.

Also, I assume you'd address the offensive line in free agency.

Yes sir, I would probably set up Martin at LT and sign Winston to $3.5m per at RT. I was debating at drafting Kyle Long in the 2nd, but I like Banks/Hunter more.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Would be a sweet draft, but I can't imagine Carradine falling out of the 1st, and I think it's unlikely that Hunter falls out of the 1st.

Most reports I have read have Hunter being drafted around 58 and Carradine as a late 2nd, but I would definitely look into Margus Hunt as a substitute if Carradine is off the board.

- I wouldn't go Eifert, myself, but I get the appeal of a 3-down mismatch guy who probably gives you the traditional run/pass balance. Would be good with him.
- Really like Banks.
- Justin Hunter's stock seems to be rising to late 1st, though I personally do not like him much. Hunter to me is just too slight of frame, too timid over the middle, not a RAC guy, not enough wiggle in his routes. (I'd take Stedman Bailey there.)
- I'll be surprised if Carradine doesn't go top-25; he's a lock top-50 at the least. Though you're right we need us some pass-rushers. (Cornelius Washington or Devin Taylor there - one of those two has a better shot at being available than Tank.)
- I like a RB in the first 3 rounds too, and think we'll take one within our first 5 picks. I do disagree on Bell and think he's going to be a mediocre NFL player/bust - 3rd-down back only; but I realize I'm in the minority there - earliest I'd take him is comp 5th.

- I wouldn't go Eifert, myself, but I get the appeal of a 3-down mismatch guy who probably gives you the traditional run/pass balance. Would be good with him.
- Really like Banks.
- Justin Hunter's stock seems to be rising to late 1st, though I personally do not like him much. Hunter to me is just too slight of frame, too timid over the middle, not a RAC guy, not enough wiggle in his routes. (I'd take Stedman Bailey there.)
- I'll be surprised if Carradine doesn't go top-25; he's a lock top-50 at the least. Though you're right we need us some pass-rushers. (Cornelius Washington or Devin Taylor there - one of those two has a better shot at being available than Tank.)
- I like a RB in the first 3 rounds too, and think we'll take one within our first 5 picks. I do disagree on Bell and think he's going to be a mediocre NFL player/bust - 3rd-down back only; but I realize I'm in the minority there - earliest I'd take him is comp 5th.

Margus Hunt would be a great substitute to Carradine if he is off the board, but I am a big fan of Justin Hunter. Pairing him up with Eifert, Wallace, and Keller, our passing game could improve tremendously..and that is a massive understatement.

Back
Top Bottom