After a decade of plodding, does the Dolphins offense finally have swagger? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After a decade of plodding, does the Dolphins offense finally have swagger?

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe we have turned the page. Last year's offense was definitely more exciting to watch than previous years.

The highlight of Dolphins OTAs came during the final voluntary practice of 2017.

During an 11-on-11 drill Thursday, DeVante Parker shook free of tight coverage by Byron Maxwell and reeled in a diving, one-handed touchdown pass from Ryan Tannehill.

And then Parker, maybe the quietest player on the team, found his voice. He immediately got in Maxwell’s face and began jawing demonstratively. Spurred by the spontaneous display of emotion, Tannehill and the rest of the Dolphins offense rushed over to join in the trash talking.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article155505439.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article155505439.html

Certainly on paper it looks like it's a better offense. Hopefully, they hit the ground running Wk 1 and don't look back. Would love to see Parker put up some big numbers and be that alpha receiver!

I read an article near the end of last year saying the Dolphins had the highest rate of big plays(20+ yds) in the league.

Time of possession and average points will be much improved this year...defense gets more rest and fewer reps....my opinion...no bloviating

Last season Miami had 8 different players that recorded a run or reception of 45 yards or more. It wasn't long ago that Miami as a team would seem lucky to have 4 or 5 long plays. Also 35 of the 192 receptions recorded by Landry, Parker and Stills went for 20 yards or more.

Just to play devils advocate

this offense was 31st in total 1st downs
31st in converting 3rd down
LAST IN 10 OR MORE PLAY DRIVES
27th in time of possession
28th in 3 and out drives
Last in the NFL in 4th down conversions with ZERO
30th in drives that lasted 5 minutes or more
Last in the NFL with offensive plays
Last in the NFL in plays per drive

With that said I believe this offense should be much better
than the stats above have shown...at least I hope so

28th in 3 and out drives

And with all this it was still an exciting O to watch because we didn't know when those explosive plays would happen. Kept you on your toes and clinch to the Coush...lol. I loved it.

28th in 3 and out drives

Well damn, that's not good....at all :)

I read an article near the end of last year saying the Dolphins had the highest rate of big plays(20+ yds) in the league.

I just saw the same thing on twitter. It was for passes over 20 yards and runs over 10 yards. We were #1. You can also look back over the first 5 or 6 weeks of the season and compare the offense to Tannehill's final 8 games. He had a 81 QB rating over the first 5 games and a 103 rating over the last 8. He had a big stink bomb against the Ravens(3 int's & 63 rating) but over those 8 games he threw 13 TD's and 5 int's. Over the first 5 weeks he threw 6 Td and 7 int's. The offense was definitely getting better and more efficient.

We will start the season in better shape as we don't have to start out with Thomas & Turner as starters and by all signs, Parker will be better off (healthy) to start the season, no discipline issues for Ajayi, J. James has gotten the line technique down and with a small miracle we may have Pouncey back as well as an upgrade at a very important TE spot. Gase said he saw a light come on for Tannehill last year. Unfortunately it was in the same game where he got injured. He had just posted two 130 rated games as well as a 124 over the last 6 games. Improvement on that should be fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom