After careful consideration.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After careful consideration....

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
.....the wide 9 sucks.

Watched it live and in color tonight. Minnesota had a decent run game, good for 4-5 yards every 1st down in the first half.

That's expensive.

We'd be much better served by a tighter 4-3. Too much gap, by far.

Just my opinion.

balloon_drop.gif~c200

Gase needs to do something about his abomination he calls "defense". Look at the TOP (again). This stupid scheme leads to not being able to get off the field, a tired D, opponents running too many plays etc. Does he think he can just outscore everyone?

I had concerns about this last year when Vance introduced it to our team.

Anyone who's been a fan long enough to remember the Olivadotti defenses can see the same things in this unit - in spite of the scheme being different. Opponents always have the TOP advantage, terrible getting 3rd down stops, gashed in the run game, etc. Those years were so painful that they left a scar. Last year watching this D I commented many times I felt like I'd gotten into a time machine back to 1986 or '87. So bad. Gase needs to put his fingerprints on the D and fast.

.....the wide 9 sucks.

Watched it live and in color tonight. Minnesota had a decent run game, good for 4-5 yards every 1st down in the first half.

That's expensive.

We'd be much better served by a tighter 4-3. Too much gap, by far.

Just my opinion.

Not exactly a huge fan of the idea, but you certainly didnt watch our week 1 scheme in the 4th preseason game.

I must be the only one left that has hope that this D can round into form well enough to compliment the O. I don't expect dominance this season, just complimentary ball.

On the other hand, I admit freely that I wear aqua glasses this time of year :cool:
I try to let my scars heal during the offseason, lol.

Gase needs to slap Burke and tell him to snap out of it with the wide nine..or should it be called wide open running lanes..wide 9 yrds per carry...jeez...

Not exactly a huge fan of the idea, but you certainly didnt watch our week 1 scheme in the 4th preseason game.

Our scheme was on display throughout the entire preseason, that includes game 4. It's not like we hide it until the regular season starts. Now you aren't going to catch some of the wrinkles and the extent of blitz packages, but what you're seeing is what you are getting.

This is where Gase will have to prove his worth. Year one, he got the offense going and really didn't have much impact on the defense. That was expected and certainly impressive that he got the team to the playoffs.

Bellichick has his pulse, his stamp on both sides of the ball. For Gase to rise to that elite level he's going to have to do the same thing. It will likely be a work in progress.

It's scheme and personnel right now. The Dolphins still lack talent is some spots, specifically at linebacker, but Gase will have to make tough decisions moving forward on players, coaches and scheme. My hope is that he changes things quickly if they aren't working. He showed some of that last season.

Here's hoping Gase can rise to the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom