After two games, this board has gone bonkers over 2 pre-season games. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After two games, this board has gone bonkers over 2 pre-season games.

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
People should know already that this team is like a baby, it needs to go through stages in order to "walk" succesfully. We have a veteran quarterback that has done a good job adjusting to his new teamates and we have a lot of new players on our squad that have never worked together. On the top of that, Nick Saban has been working hard to get this squad to be a succesful opponent this season, not just a rebuilding team working to get 3 or 4 wins.

What happened last night was just one of those things that happen to any team at any given time. Not so long ago during the Jim Mora era, Peyton Manning fumbled 4 times and threw for 3 interceptions and the rest of his team played even worse in a season game, which prompted Jim Mora to humiliate Peyton Manning live on tv.

Just hang on tight guys, we'll see better things coming.

Who are you and what have you done with juniorseau55?

Hes right, out D looked awsome and if our QB comes to play every Sunday we should be just fine. I still say 10-6, GO PHINS.

The big glaring problem is that the Dolphins were never even close in the last two games. Preseason or not a game is a game.

gimmemybullits said:
The big glaring problem is that the Dolphins were never even close in the last two games. Preseason or not a game is a game.

:confused: :confused: :confused: . They were both defense dominated games (when all the starters were in).
I beg to differ, I thought our first team outplayed J-ville's. Their offense was completely dominated by our defense. How can you make the outlandish statement that we weren't even close the last 2 games. Are you relying on the final score of a PRESEASON game to support your contentions?
Last night, if Frerotte doesn't fumble we lose 10-3. (hardly a blowout).
Better resume the Prozac my friend.

Im afraid of our whopa$$ at the moment. I know its only preseason.. but Im starting to beliebe the analysts predictions of the season. I did though love Saban chewing out that defensive player in the second half.... I think he's going to burt a blood vessel in his head!

ohall said:
Who are you and what have you done with juniorseau55?

LOL I'm still me of course, taking breaks off the board on and off. I'll be around much more this time. I'm having my second kid on the way hehe.

I'm not going bonkers.

They are the team I was expecting to see.

A little thin in depth. A defense that will be good and at times dominant.

An offense that will have tough games against good defenses.

An offense that will need to have a dynamic running game if they want to put up points.

A team that needs consistency from the kicker and the special teams.

A team that needs Wes Welker to be a Pro Bowl returner. The guy can win us games.

A team that if they get 10 points behind in the 2nd half of games, could be in trouble.

I stand by my prediction of weeks ago...with ANYTHING from the Q.B. position and some well deserved luck we go 9-7/10-6 and make a run at the wild card.

Even if the Q.B. position is a complete disaster we go no worse then 7-9.

7 wins to me would be a miracle, too bad our offensive line woes won't change much. I been questioning the work ethic of our lineman for a while now. Sadly the last good lineman I remember was Mark Dixon. He played for us at guard well and tackle despite injury being a big issue.

juniorseau55 said:
People should know already that this team is like a baby, it needs to go through stages in order to "walk" succesfully. We have a veteran quarterback that has done a good job adjusting to his new teamates and we have a lot of new players on our squad that have never worked together. On the top of that, Nick Saban has been working hard to get this squad to be a succesful opponent this season, not just a rebuilding team working to get 3 or 4 wins.

What happened last night was just one of those things that happen to any team at any given time. Not so long ago during the Jim Mora era, Peyton Manning fumbled 4 times and threw for 3 interceptions and the rest of his team played even worse in a season game, which prompted Jim Mora to humiliate Peyton Manning live on tv.

Just hang on tight guys, we'll see better things coming.
I believe what has happened so far in pre-season is a plan on saban's part.In any team sport at first you wear them out for a time then test them mentaly and physicaly to find out how they are going react.This is saban's first year he has to learn his men.Now you can't plan fumble's but you can place a person in situation's to see how they will react.Now we come to the WILL TO WIN when you get to certain level's in any sport. The differance between good and the best is not accepting second place.The view does not change unless you are the lead DOG.I believe saban is wooking to this end.I am looking forward to this weekend. I think saban wiil have the men ready to eat meat this saturday which just happen's to be our first home game. I am interested in how certain player's react after last week's game. It's getting near first cut time.Time to step up and show saban you belong here.Interested in seeing how much patient's saban show's with his player's

Back
Top Bottom