Ahmad Brooks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmad Brooks

Supposedly, New England really likes him and I think Saban & Co. would be very interested in him if we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round. From what I hear, he may go as high as the 2nd round though. That would be awfully high, and it would be so nice to go into next April's draft with a full compliment of draft picks.

endorPHINS72 said:
Supposedly, New England really likes him and I think Saban & Co. would be very interested in him if we could get him in the 3rd or 4th round. From what I hear, he may go as high as the 2nd round though. That would be awfully high, and it would be so nice to go into next April's draft with a full compliment of draft picks.
I just hope that we don't "overbid". Remember that Belichek knows how to play the same smokescreen game that Saban is so good at. Will be really cool to see how this plays out. I have faith in Nick.

Anthony D. said:
I just hope that we don't "overbid". Remember that Belichek knows how to play the same smokescreen game that Saban is so good at. Will be really cool to see how this plays out. I have faith in Nick.

Exactly. I don't think Coach Saban would spent a #1 or a #2 on him, but with talent like that and us lacking a young prototypical 3-4 LB, Brooks has certainly peaked the organizations interest. I wouldn't mind spending a 3rd or 4th round pick on him.

I know Brooks has ability but doesnt he have bad knees and a weight issue? I would be very suprised if Saban used anything lower than a 5th round pick for him.

RiderOnTheStorm said:
I know Brooks has ability but doesnt he have bad knees and a weight issue? I would be very suprised if Saban used anything lower than a 5th round pick for him.
I think it is more the weight issue. I never heard much hype about bad knees.

endorPHINS72 said:
Exactly. I don't think Coach Saban would spent a #1 or a #2 on him, but with talent like that and us lacking a young prototypical 3-4 LB, Brooks has certainly peaked the organizations interest. I wouldn't mind spending a 3rd or 4th round pick on him.
A 3/4 would be very reasonable considering the upside. It might even be a major steal if he lives up to anything near his billing. You know as well as I do that pro-bowl calibur linebackers don't just fall out of the sky. We got Zack for peanuts. and we got Crowder which I would consider the steal of last year's draft unless Manny Wright proves me wrong(which of course I am hoping). I certainly wouldn't be against burning a 3/4 rounder on a guy who could potentially be a Lavar Arrington type talent.

5th rounder.

This dude was up to 285 pounds just 6 weeks ago, the knee ain't right, and he has off-field issues.

Thing is - I want him too, and other teams will probably throw a 5th his way, so we may have to take him in the 4th. But that's as high as it should get.

spending a 1st or 2nd on him this year, is like spending a 1/2 on him NEXT year. this guy is talent, he is the next LaVar, Ray Lewis, Urlacher, whoever u wanna call him......yes he may have bad knees, but so does Crowder. Yea he may have weight issues, so do most college kids.....with the help of Saban, this guy will get into shape and be a beast. IF we MUST spend a 2nd on him, im all for it.

I think a 3rd round pick for him would be possible value but he has some issues which raise all kinds of red flags. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody threw a 2nd round pick in for him but only time will tell!

MustangFinFan said:
spending a 1st or 2nd on him this year, is like spending a 1/2 on him NEXT year. this guy is talent, he is the next LaVar, Ray Lewis, Urlacher, whoever u wanna call him......yes he may have bad knees, but so does Crowder. Yea he may have weight issues, so do most college kids.....with the help of Saban, this guy will get into shape and be a beast. IF we MUST spend a 2nd on him, im all for it.

I will be interested to see what kind of time he runs in his pro day. If he run a sub 4.5, then yeah I would be very willing to spend a 2nd on him. I haven't heard anything about his knees. If that checks out I would have no problem spending a 1st even. Talent is talent and it is better to get it now than to wait until next year to spend it. This way he gets to get on the team 9 months earlier.

endorPHINS72 said:

i notice that bb and saban like the same guys. NE or Miami will end up with this guy. I think saban will trump him in the 3rd.

The fact that he's already had so many troubles and on top of that has allowed his weight to balloon in the midst of his entering the NFL makes me wonder about this kid.

Back
Top Bottom