"Air Apparent" on the way... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Air Apparent" on the way...

vt_dolfan

E tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!
Reaction score
For all the crud from last year..and all the growing pains we have to endure this year....we can all get a little excited knowing that FINALLY...."Praise The Lord"...we will have someone address the QB situation in Miami.

Saban and Mueller will find us the next one...or will at least make the appropriate effort we have not had since Shula.

Im hopin myself for Rivers...but no matter who it is.......its just awsome knowing that the change is coming.........

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Theres somethin to be positive about!!!!!

I'm hoping for Brees. Rivers hasn't proven anything yet, but I did like him in college.

I'm hoping For D-Brickashaw Ferguson, and the Best option at QB we can get after that, but if we're going to spend a #1 draft pick on a QB, AND the Rumors are true(which I still don't think they are) then we need to get..............CULLPEPPER!!!!!!!

derek said:
I'm hoping for Brees. Rivers hasn't proven anything yet, but I did like him in college.

I think Rivers has much more upside than Brees. He is physically a much better QB. He hasn't gotten a chance to unseat Brees. That is why he hasn't 'proven' anything yet. The reason I would prefer Rivers is because it is a concern that Brees was so bad his first few years, that they had to draft Rivers. Now, there is no denying that he has come on and played decently for the last year and a half, but what about those 3 years he couldn't get a pass to anyone ??

Rivers may be the same, who knows, but at least the reason why he hasn't proven anything in the pros is that he's had Brees in front of him...???

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see if Rivers is actually available. The Bolts have to choose between the two...Rivers won't be happy behind Brees again next year and Brees won't be happy w/o a long term contract. AJ Smith and Marty can't seem to agree on who to keep and who should stay...gonna be interesting no matter what. The good thing is that from a cap viewpoint, we can make a move on someone this year....

:evil: I'd like to see us pick up Ferguson in the draft and give Tim Couch a shot.

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see if Rivers is actually available. The Bolts have to choose between the two...Rivers won't be happy behind Brees again next year and Brees won't be happy w/o a long term contract. AJ Smith and Marty can't seem to agree on who to keep and who should stay...gonna be interesting no matter what. The good thing is that from a cap viewpoint, we can make a move on someone this year....[/QUOTE]

Do you know who wants Rivers and who wants Brees?

Schleprock said:
"Heir Apparent"

Hmmmm.....now think about how I wrote it......it was "Air" apparent for a reason....:)

God...the scenarios are enough to make me want to hurry up and get to the offseason.....its like wondering what your gonna get under the X Mas tree!!! All of these scenarios sound so much more damn appealing than anything we have had since Marino!

vt_dolfan said:
For all the crud from last year..and all the growing pains we have to endure this year....we can all get a little excited knowing that FINALLY...."Praise The Lord"...we will have someone address the QB situation in Miami.

Saban and Mueller will find us the next one...or will at least make the appropriate effort we have not had since Shula.

Im hopin myself for Rivers...but no matter who it is.......its just awsome knowing that the change is coming.........

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

Theres somethin to be positive about!!!!!
There's only one problem; we have to endure Gus Forgot this year.

finmann said:
At any rate, it'll be interesting to see if Rivers is actually available. The Bolts have to choose between the two...Rivers won't be happy behind Brees again next year and Brees won't be happy w/o a long term contract. AJ Smith and Marty can't seem to agree on who to keep and who should stay...gonna be interesting no matter what. The good thing is that from a cap viewpoint, we can make a move on someone this year....

Do you know who wants Rivers and who wants Brees?[/QUOTE]

The scuttlebutt is that AJ wants Rivers and of course, they have a long term contract and have paid out some $18 m to have Rivers sit on the pine. AJ doesn't want to pay out a big contract for Brees and have to eat the paid out money for Rivers. If they trade Rivers, sure they'll get good compensation for him via draft pick(s), but the bonus money paid to Rivers will be accellerated to 2006 which takes a big chunk out of the cap. The real issue for Marty is (assming Brees continues his decent play thruout this year) that Marty would be hard pressed to convince the rest of the team to make a change...Afterall, if you trade or cut the leader of your team, what does that say to the rest of the team. There is an obvious power struggle going on there (Marty didn't know about the Feeley deal until after it happened ?). Maybe LT21 can chime in on more specifics and reasons for the struggle, but it is apparent. It's going to interesting because we could be a player for whichever QB is cut....It would be easier for us to acquire Brees if he is let loose (no comp. back to SD), but Rivers might be the better QB, we don't really know...

vt_dolfan said:
Hmmmm.....now think about how I wrote it......it was "Air" apparent for a reason....:)

Yea, I even figured it out...

I hope we do not get Rivers. He has been a bust so far in San Diego...and I hear Charger fans can't wait to offload him onto some desperate team willing to give up the world for him.

I think Rivers has shown some good skills from what little of him I have seen. I do know that Culpepper(sp)? would not be a good pickup. First off the guy has small hands which leads to more fumbles. This is shown because he has as many, if not more fumbles than he has starts in his career. The media reported a little while back that him losing his center this year was a bigger impact than him losing Moss. So I think if he came here with our quality o-line (sarcasm) he would just continue that trend of fumbling. Thats just my opinion

derek said:

This might lower his asking price......:lol:

Back
Top Bottom