AJ, Muck, and TerryTate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ, Muck, and TerryTate

New England Fin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
AJ, Muck, and TerryTate
I would like to say that I truly appreciate FinHeaven. Thank you very much for all of your hard work. After looking in more detail today, I found a lot more about this site that I really like.
If I am correct - this website started as a labor of love. It was started by diehard Dolphin fans who did not really know at the time just how popular their website would become. As the popularaity of the site grew, the cost of running it also grew. Obviously, this brings with it a dilemma. Can you continue to run the website as a labor of love; or does the website need to at least generate enough revenue to support itself? If the answer is that the website needs to generate enough revenue to support itself than you need to determine how that revenue will come in. I think 5 options have been alluded to today.
1- Premium Memberships and voluntary donations
2- A modest membership fee for all users
3- Advertising
4- Pay fantasy leagues
5- Fan Store - including FinHeaven merchandise

I realize that some of these ideas are not in line with your original plans for the website, but I really think that most of these would work. You have a great site here and people would not want to see it go away. However, I don't believe Option 1 will work. Most will not pay $84 to become Premium Members. As for voluntary donations, these will be hit or miss. Most people will continue to use the site for free. As a result, the website will continue to be a financial burden for those who run it. Why not put out a poll to see how members would respond to one of these other options?

New England Fin said:
AJ, Muck, and TerryTate
3- Advertising
4- Pay fantasy leagues

Why not put out a poll to see how members would respond to one of these other options?

Not sure how difficult it would be to run a fantasy football league stuff on finheaven website (you could also use one/some online league managers). But the idea of playing fantasy football against the other dolphins fans (and occasional Bills/Patsies fans) sounds intriguing. You could set a entrance fee of say 10 bucks/person, keep 1/3 of money for website and give back other 2/3 to winner(s) of the leagues.

Advertising seems like a pain, although some of you users may have experience to help AJ do this. And merchandising stuff you can get cheap dolphins stuff on internet if you look hardenough.

New England Fin said:
3- Advertising
4- Pay fantasy leagues
Well, neither #1 and #2 are something that I want to rely on. However, they just happen to be the option that I have to take at some point to keep the site afloat temporairly (sp?).

#3... I'm working on that. However, as said, I don't want to flood the boards with advertisements. And, at most... I would only put one advertisement on the boards. And I may do that very soon, and just make it so Premium Members don't see the advertisement.

#4... that's going to be an option. As said once before, the Premium Members will have their own league for prizes and such. However, another league for $10 a person wouldn't be a bad option as well. The only thing I have to read up on is gambling...

#5... there are HUGE plans in the works right now. I am working with someone who can get things are a REALLY good price (memorabilia, cases, etc). And I'm trying to work on a deal now.

The main thing is this though, is that I need to rely on the Premium Members until I can get these things going. I can't tell my hosting company to please wait on the payment...

But please... please keep in mind that I'm not soley relying on the Premium Members, that's not the case. In addition, please keep in mind that I don't hope to make profit off of the site, that's not my agenda. Anything FinHeaven makes stays with FinHeaven, there are plenty of ways to upgrade... and to start taking money awway from the site just doesn't make sense. I want to see FinHeaven grow and become something much, much larger...

Anyway... back to work for now :lol:

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

FinHeavenAJ said:
In addition, please keep in mind that I don't hope to make profit off of the site, that's not my agenda.
I think you, and those of you that started this site deserve to make a profit. It's the American way. Make something that is free or resonible, then when people want it so bad they can't live without it, make them pay. Look at ESPN.com with the Insider deal. I pay $4.95 a month for that with the magazine, and have no problems doing it cause I get enjoyible material. I would pay for this site, Finheaven.com, and would be happy to do it....charge 'em!! My Premium Membership is only a pay check away!!!

Ugh, merge with the other thread. Let us just keep all of these suggestions into one thread as opposed to flooding the board with them. As a matter of fact, don't we not have a suggestions board here?

FinHeavenAJ said:
Well, neither #1 and #2 are something that I want to rely on. However, they just happen to be the option that I have to take at some point to keep the site afloat temporairly (sp?).

#3... I'm working on that. However, as said, I don't want to flood the boards with advertisements. And, at most... I would only put one advertisement on the boards. And I may do that very soon, and just make it so Premium Members don't see the advertisement.

#4... that's going to be an option. As said once before, the Premium Members will have their own league for prizes and such. However, another league for $10 a person wouldn't be a bad option as well. The only thing I have to read up on is gambling...

#5... there are HUGE plans in the works right now. I am working with someone who can get things are a REALLY good price (memorabilia, cases, etc). And I'm trying to work on a deal now.

The main thing is this though, is that I need to rely on the Premium Members until I can get these things going. I can't tell my hosting company to please wait on the payment...

But please... please keep in mind that I'm not soley relying on the Premium Members, that's not the case. In addition, please keep in mind that I don't hope to make profit off of the site, that's not my agenda. Anything FinHeaven makes stays with FinHeaven, there are plenty of ways to upgrade... and to start taking money awway from the site just doesn't make sense. I want to see FinHeaven grow and become something much, much larger...

Anyway... back to work for now :lol:

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

By the way, nice to see you AJ. Hope all is well with you in your world.

New England Fin,

thanks for the kudos :)

Be sure to commend Wharfie, Dave (dolphan39), and P4E as well though ;) They put in a lot of work as well through moderation and input.

This is a premium membership discussion! :yell:

BACK OFF!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom