Ajayi Trade this Year's Thomas Cut? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi Trade this Year's Thomas Cut?

WesternNYDolfan

Club Member
Reaction score
After reading about Jay's primadonna attitude, maybe this trade is the signal this team needs to fall in line much like cutting Dallas Thomas was last year?

I sure hope so.

They should have sold more pieces instead of half stepping with Ajayi. This offense is putrid, with a FO that thought doing the same thing over and over would lead to different results. Jermon Bushrod has no purpose for being on a NFL roster. None.

Thomas was cut because he sucked.

Turner was cut for a combination of bad play and questionable attitude.

Douglas was cut for bad play, although I still think he deserved a longer opportunity. He is talented and I never heard anything about him being a character problem.

Ajayi was going to be cut because of his insubordinate/bad attitude. T

I don't know that any of these guys were cut to 'set an example.' I think in all cases, they were cut (or traded) because the coach finally got fed up and made the determination that he could benefit from addition by subtraction in his quest to build a winning football team.

I hope so too. Otherwise he's a scapegoat for the inexcusably bad oline.

Midseason cuts & a trade 2 years in a row to send a message. This time a pro bowl RB on his 5th rd rookie contract ... for whom there isn't a replacement. You get the feeling that some players might not be buying in. Not a good look if you ask me.

If Ajayi was really the nightmare he's being portrayed to be ... and freaking out on coaches and storming off the field during victories ... wouldn't there be a leak from an organization that is incapable of keeping a lid on anything?

The situation is more than a little off if you ask me. I hope that Ajayi has success in Philly and we somehow hit that 4th rounder out of the park ... but I'm not buying what they're selling. I think that Roseman got over on the fins in consecutive seasons. Eagles bounced back quickly from the Chip Kelly situation ... the Dolphins were quite helpful getting them back on track.

wouldn't there be a leak from an organization that is incapable of keeping a lid on anything?

I don't know, the organization was pretty good at keeping the lid on a LOT of stuff. If it hadn't been for Ted Wells, would you have ever known that Richie Incognito (allegedly) sexually assaulted a woman at a charity golf tournament?

I don't know, the organization was pretty good at keeping the lid on a LOT of stuff. If it hadn't been for Ted Wells, would you have ever known that Richie Incognito (allegedly) sexually assaulted a woman at a charity golf tournament?

The Martin thing should never have seen the light of day anyhow. An NFL player being bullied? Unprecedented.

Incognito turned out to be a frat boy but I'd rather not know how most 30 year old uneducated millionaires that never faced consequences for more than questionable behavior their entire lives spend their time off the field. Incognito lifting up a girl's skirt with his club is probably at the low end of the spectrum.

The Martin thing should never have seen the light of day anyhow. An NFL player being bullied? Unprecedented.

Incognito turned out to be a frat boy but I'd rather not know how most 30 year old uneducated millionaires that never faced consequences for more than questionable behavior their entire lives spend their time off the field. Incognito lifting up a girl's skirt with his club is probably at the low end of the spectrum.

I'm just saying, when it comes to player conduct issues, the team has actually been great about keeping this under wraps a lot of the time. There are other things I can think of right off the top of my head, that I don't know if I should post, that you aren't going to see articles about in the Herald.

This isnt remotely comparable... Dallas Thomas was a barnacle on this team's ass for far too long. Ajayi is a highly productive player and the move was extremely controversial.

I'm just saying, when it comes to player conduct issues, the team has actually been great about keeping this under wraps a lot of the time. There are other things I can think of right off the top of my head, that I don't know if I should post, that you aren't going to see articles about in the Herald.

Me too but this doesn't have the same feel to it. I'm getting the impression that the young, inexperienced, offensive guru is not dealing well with his side of the ball being stagnant so he's being impulsive and trying to change things up. Get that spark going ... addition by subtraction worked last season.

I will say that IF it is true - IF Ajayi is so undedicated and impossible to manage/coach - then I'm cool with it. That one will be figured out soon enough on Sundays. Odds are he produces behind a better line and the Dolphins don't get the run game figured out this season. Should be interesting to see how that gets rationalized.

Hit with that pick and it won't matter. Miller was a 4th and Ajayi a 5th. They've done a decent job at replacing backs so at least there's that to lean on.

There isn't much comparison between the two situations but could produce similar results in the end.

Dallas Thomas wasn't sent packing to because of his attitude, it was simply a talent evaluation. For all the knocks Dallas Thomas endured through this website (and deservedly so) you can't question his dedication.

Talent is only a prerequisite for entering the league, work ethic keeps you there.

Can you imagine Ndamukong Suh and Cameron Wake sitting there in the locker room, looking around and thinking wtf?

Gase, you better know what you're doing.

I will say that IF it is true - IF Ajayi is so undedicated and impossible to manage/coach - then I'm cool with it. That one will be figured out soon enough on Sundays. Odds are he produces behind a better line and the Dolphins don't get the run game figured out this season. Should be interesting to see how that gets rationalized.

Well the story about him walking off the field vs the Jets in a huff because he wasn't getting enough carries during our 4th quarter comeback is on the record. The other stuff is not.

Let me just put it to you this way: If a player's response to coaching when he gets his assignment wrong is to say "What are you gonna do about it? Cut me?" then I am NEVER going to blame the coach or front office for that player being off the team a short while later.

Can you imagine Ndamukong Suh and Cameron Wake sitting there in the locker room, looking around and thinking wtf?

Gase, you better know what you're doing.
Based on what Suh said today during his PC, I'd say he's 100% with Gase.

Ajayi was shown at least THREE times this season complaining on the sideline...didn't know about what but I'm assuming now about not enough carries

Back
Top Bottom