Ajayi who???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi who????

I think you need to run Drake in a two back tandem with a power back, but at this point he's at 499 yards on his first 98 career carries. That's not bad at all. If he can maintain that pace on 150+ carries in a single season that would be something. With 4 games remaining I think he could see another 70-75 carries this season if he stays healthy. Will be interesting to see how hie looks against the Patriots, Bills and Chiefs.

It justifies what I have always believed. Running backs are a dime a dozen. I really liked Ajayi, but there is hardly any difference in the offense whatsoever. Just like when many people were up in arms when the Dolphins let Miller go. It was the right decision, because paying running backs big money, especially Miller, just doesn't make sense. It's nice to have an elite running back, but it is just not a necessity to be a successful offense. Look at what New England has done with that position over the years.

Not sure about this thread but does Philly value Blount more? I would have thought Jay was the better player, am I wrong? Seems like Blount gets a lot more carries.

Not sure about this thread but does Philly value Blount more? I would have thought Jay was the better player, am I wrong? Seems like Blount gets a lot more carries.
Blount dominates touches. Ajayi won't be happy for long when that continues

I 'd be more comfortable with Drake if he'd go a few games without fumbling.

For what it's worth Drake has fumbled twice on his first 100 carries (officially 98) and Ajayi had one. Sure we want to see zero fumbles, but it's not like he's that much worse than Ajayi was at this point. Drake also has more rushing yards and higher averaqge than Ajayi did in his first 100 attempts. Not saying Drake is the better back, but if used correctly he can be productive. Not a pounder/grinder but he can make plays too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom