Ajayi who???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi who????

I need to see more from Drake before I start calling him an answer at runningback. I do see him as a much better fit for how Gase wants to run the offense though. He can be a threat out of the backfield as well as a runner, this offense demands versatile players and Drake is that. Ajayi had a good year last year, he was decisive and was a 1 cut runner. This year he was doing more dancing than anything, he wasn't as decisive with his cuts and he wasn't good as a pass blocker and receiver. His skill set limited his effectiveness in the offense Gase wanted to run so Gase changed the offense for him last season and it worked.

I still think he can be effective in the right offense when he has his mind right but things clearly weren't working here and it was pretty obvious on the field. I want to see how things look the next few weeks to verify that there can be consistency to his game as that was by far my biggest complaint against Jay. He either had huge games or nothing, we had far to many 2nd and 3rd and longs this year due to Ajayi getting tackled in the backfield.

Drake had a good game. Still think the Dolphins need another strong RB to pair with him. Not really impressed with any of the other RBs on the roster.

He did some good stuff, but I'd take Ajayi over him all day every day.

My guess is you love bruising backs. I love them too, but they limit the offense and their time as a feature back is over. I am very happy with Drake. Besides missing seeing defensive players run over, I do not miss Ajayi. Drake over Ajayi every time.

Ajayi blew another blitz pick up and Wenz let him no about it last night too, after he got hammered on a corner blitz!

Ajayi hurt the eagles last night for sure, mostly on passing plays. Wentz and Ajayi arent meshing. They'd be better off sticking with blount and clement.

I think its unlikely philly pays him unless he does something special for them in the postseason.

as it pertains to drake, the kid has undeniable talent.

Ajayi is a damn good runner. If he gets his head on right, Philly will be very happy with that trade.

Unfortunately him and the Eagles, it seems he still hasn't figured that out.

Ajayi is a damn good runner. If he gets his head on right, Philly will be very happy with that trade.

Unfortunately him and the Eagles, it seems he still hasn't figured that out.

Philly got screwed by trying to be too aggressive, as usual. They needed that 4th and also the 3rd they gave up for Darby more than the players, but this is their year to win it all lol. They better enjoy being "the best team in the NFL" while it lasts, because like last night, they will continue to get exposed for the mediocre team that they are against competent organizations. And with Roseman giving away so many draft picks, that team is going to have no depth because they have invested so much cash into the starters they have little to no cap space left for role players like Beau Allen and Trey Burton, and they have less picks for cheap depth. They better win it this year, because if they don't I can see dream team 2.0 falling apart just as quick as the original.

Last edited:
Philly got screwed by trying to be too aggressive, as usual. They needed that 4th and also the 3rd they gave up for Darby more than the players, but this is their year to win it all lol. They better enjoy being "the best team in the NFL" while it lasts, because like last night, they will continue to get exposed for the mediocre team that they actually are against competent organizations. And with Roseman giving away so many draft picks, that team is going to have no depth because they have invested so much cash into the starters they have little to no cap space left for role players like Beau Allen and Trey Burton. They better win it this year, because if they don't I can see dream team 2.0 falling apart just as quick as the original.
Dude.......This is so true. Ajayi is not having the kind of year I thought he would have had being on that team, that trade is looking better and better every week. On a side note: The Eagles are so overrated, the only decent team they have beaten this season is the panthers, kind of reminds me of the Dolphins last year.

I think the most surprising thing about Drake has been how tough he is. I think the impression on him was that he was some kind of soft RB who only can be effective in space.

Lies.

Dude showed some physicality yesterday, he broke tackles and he blocked well in pass protection. Now I get he has those skinny limbs on him and that size runner without the true girth normally has history with injuries in this league . . . and Drake has had his share . . . . but make no mistake . . . that is a TALENTED kid at RB and if he can stay healthy he can be one of the best backs in this league.

I was always good with the Ajayi trade. A homerun would of been a late 3rd to a contender . . . but I even said at the time that a 4th rounder was probably above market value if we are being honest. Guy has a longterm knee issue . . . Phily will only get a year and a half out of him before he needs to get paid (and who knows what kind of hold out he may do to you next offseason while under contract) and he certainly has some attitude/personality issues that can turn a team off.

Plus RBs in general are a dime a dozen. You certainly have the absolute special ones but for the most part you in theory should be able to take that 4th and flip it for a solid back in the draft that you'll have cheap for 4 years.

We did well there.

Dude.......This is so true. Ajayi is not having the kind of year I thought he would have had being on that team, that trade is looking better and better every week. On a side note: The Eagles are so overrated, the only decent team they have beaten this season is the panthers, kind of reminds me of the Dolphins last year.

I agree, people only think they are great because they are a very popular team that gets a bunch of media attention, and they have a great record against bad teams, like Dallas last year. But like Dallas last year, your record means nothing in the playoffs, and Philly imo isn't good enough to win it all. But like with Nick Foles and Chip Jelly, the Eagles get a ton of hype when they are having any kind of success, I'm just used to it by now but I know they are never as great as they think they are. Howie Roseman their superstar GM has been the GM since like 2010 and they haven't won a playoff game since then. Coincidence? I think not, but dream teams sure are exciting though. Unfortunately for Roseman, great teams build through the draft, and that has never been his strong suit which is probably why he likes trading away so many draft picks lol.

Last edited:

I dunno man . . . I think you are underestimating them by quite a margin.

Carson Wentz is absolutely LEGIT . . . and when you have a LEGIT QB . . . it is hard to be "so overrated".

Philly was in that game last night . . . they just made some dumb mistakes in probably the toughest place to play in the NFL with the bright lights on. Better now than in January.

They were missing Ertz for most of that game and Peters is out for the year. That defense is as loaded in the front 7 as you get. That OLine and Running game is top level. Their receivers are solid.

Where they can be had is in the secondary . . . if a teams offensive line can hold up enough against their front but even still I think they are the best team in the NFC mainly because of Seattle's injuries on defense and Aaron Rodgers injury.

We'll learn more next week when they get the Rams.

Back
Top Bottom