Al Golden FIRED! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Al Golden FIRED!

NaboCane

I'm on my comma
Reaction score
@ChristyChirinos 13m
Miami has announced that it has fired Al Golden. Per a release from the school, Larry Scott will serve as interim coach.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Now...who the **** is Larry Scott?

He is the tight end coach. He used to be my O-line coach in high school. On a personal level he is cool as hell.

Larry Scott is probably the best coach on that staff. Either way it does not matter he is only there to keep the seat warm for who ever is up next.

Yea they saw what a change did for the fins and followed suit.

Any body know what he walked out the door with ?............heard he had a sweetheart contract

As a Miami native who isn't a Canes fan, it continues to baffle me how Golden lasted as long as he did. Just the wrong fit for the U, and also not a very good coach.

I can't even imagine how infuriating it must have been for Canes diehards to put up with this guy.

As a Miami native who isn't a Canes fan, it continues to baffle me how Golden lasted as long as he did. Just the wrong fit for the U, and also not a very good coach.

I can't even imagine how infuriating it must have been for Canes diehards to put up with this guy.

You have no idea. It was five goddamn years of smoke and mirrors; he'd have a top-5 recruiting class, but then lose 2-3X the number of players to transfers and disciplinary issues of any top-25 program.

He was good in the living room, lousy at getting player buy-in once they were here, and for all his disciplinarian hot air, couldn't control his kids.

He was an abject failure, and if they don't hire a name the kids south of Lake Okeechobee are familiar with, you'll see even more bleeding of 5-stars—not only to FSU, UF, USF and UCF, but to out of state schools as well.

He is the tight end coach. He used to be my O-line coach in high school. On a personal level he is cool as hell.

@AbramsonPBP 2h
I have more pull at the University of Miami than I realized
@AbramsonPBP 5 hours ago
Just get rid of Golden and promote whoever the tight ends coach is for the Canes. Seems to work well.

The Dan Campbell effect is very very real, people.

Even the Miami Hurricanes are growing balls of steel as a result of Dan Campbell's local inspirations and saying enough is enough. Al Golden, you get the **** out.

It's about time, now go out and get yourselves a good coach. The ACC needs a strong U program in that division.

When Al Golden was at Temple, they had been kicked out of the Big East and demoted to the MAC. They had, by far, the largest football budget in that conference and Golden STILL couldn't win the MAC. They had every advantage and he couldn't get it done there. I have zero clue what the Canes saw in him.

It's about time, now go out and get yourselves a good coach. The ACC needs a strong U program in that division.

When Al Golden was at Temple, they had been kicked out of the Big East and demoted to the MAC. They had, by far, the largest football budget in that conference and Golden STILL couldn't win the MAC. They had every advantage and he couldn't get it done there. I have zero clue what the Canes saw in him.
The NCAA needs a strong Miami team.

Back
Top Bottom