Al Golden's time in Miami is running short after 58-0 loss to Clemson

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by NaboCane, Oct 24, 2015.

1. NaboCane

NaboCane I'm on my comma

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ort-after-58-0-loss-to-clemson-201258186.html

Blake James is infuriating.

What a facetious assclown. He's the Stephen Ross of the Hurricanes. I hope someone runs up and shanks him in the gut and he has to crap in a bag the rest of his privileged life.

And an accurate assessment from the outside:

Hating life.

2. Wadeshow

Wadeshow Rookie

Its now past blaming it on Golden everyone knows he is a disaster even he himself. The only people that still are oblivious or just do not care are Blake James and the board.

Just fire them all

3. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

58-0 is generous . . . Clemson could of easily dropped 80+ on the Canes today. We are fortunate that Clemson's SECOND/THIRD team only outscored our FIRST team 16-0 in the second half.

What a joke. Like I've said before, Al is a solid man . . . but sticking with D'onofrio for so long just proves he isn't cut out for this business. Slowest, most undisciplined, unprepared Hurricane defense that I have EVER seen.

But Blake James is the problem now. Open up the checkbook and get a top notch coach in here. One that can take advantage and win in his own backyard on the recruiting trail, bring back the speed that Miami is known for and that is needed for ACC play and actually prepare his team against the opponent every week. I swear, we have a bunch of zombies out there on defense.

Fully expecting Blake James to make a pitch at Ken Dorsey for coach to save some money.

4. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

Davis or Cristobal could probably be had cheaply and either one is a big improvement.

5. NaboCane

NaboCane I'm on my comma

I don't know about Mario; Mario is only out for Mario. On the other hand, that may be what we need, in place of the blind loyalty of Golden to his clearly-overmatched Coordinators.

Butch Davis is just sitting there in Tampa, in an "advisory role," salivating. I think he could be had for the top end of the aforementioned scale, around $3M. The problem is, Butch will want top Coordinators and those cost bucks too. I would LOVE to see Butch back, with Dave Wannstedt as his DC. Maybe steal an up-and-comer at OC from Chip Kelly's staff. Or...dare I dream? Dennis Erickson.

On a side note, I get get a kick out of how fans always have to qualify that a bad coach "is a good man." :lol: There are few HCs in history who were out-and-out pricks, like Jim Harbaugh. They're mostly good men. Few have been good coaches, though, and that's what they should be evaluated on.

6. NaboCane

NaboCane I'm on my comma

7. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Your AD said Golden's job is safe. Face it guys. 7 wins and a bowl game he stays. The U is more about education than football these days. That said, they may not win 6 games to qualify for a bowl game. That might get him fired but you'll still have the problem of not paying for a top notch staff. It's not just the coach you need to pay to be good.

8. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Wish I actually gave a **** anymore.

LOL Just kidding. I don't want to care about a bottom-dwelling-has-been program that isn't even looking after it's own good. Not to mention the way this college "playoff' system is set up, unless your university has at least 35k plus enrollment with a good traveling base of alumni, you're not being considered for ****.