Alabama Crimson Tide: National Champs. But What If.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama Crimson Tide: National Champs. But What If..

I would suggest that you should put this in the college forum and use the quote button and put a point you like and or would like to agrue.

Probably one of the worst articles I've ever read......I bet Gino Toretta could provide some pretty insightful answers here to the "what if".....

What if Texas had took a quick 14-0 lead? Well lets see..

Let's look at why they didn't take a quick 14-0 lead....they had the ball 1st and goal on the 1 yard line.....

Did aliens swoop down and take the football away from Texas' offense so they couldn't score? Musberger never commented on it if they did...

Looked to me like Alabama's defense wouldn't let them in the endzone.....there's a reason why Alabama's defense is the #1 redzone defense in the country...

Then recovered their own onside kick and got the ball on Bama's 30 yardline and couldn't even muster a 1st down...

Why wasn't Colt McCoy in the game? Did he get hit by a Fed Ex truck coming out for pre game warm ups? Kirk Herbstreit must have missed that one....

Seemed to me like McCoy met the same fate that a few different QB's before him have met when they faced Bama's defense.....they either get knocked out of the game or stay in it long enough to get embarrassed....

This defense is so spooky similar to the one that obliterated Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Gino Toretta and the #1 ranked undefeated Miami Hurricanes 34-13 in the National Championship game in 1992....

...and the play where Marcel Dareus took the ball away from Texas on the shovel pass for a TD is spooky similar to the play where George Teague ran down Lamar Thomas and took the ball away from him....

The good news for Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Miami, VT, and whoever else is....it looks like they'll all have more opportunities to make more excuses against Bama in championship games in the future.....

Better luck next year....

Back
Top Bottom