**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

It'd be close.

What would be your prediction on the number of points the Canes would score vs. how many quarterbacks they'd go through, Dr. Sanity?

Think they'd go through more quarterbacks than points scored?

Namor, Ted, we're gonna need to need some extra mojo this weekend. Root for us!

Namor, Ted, we're gonna need to need some extra mojo this weekend. Root for us!

Please beat Auburn...I'd pull for Iraq against Auburn...
Stop their running game..they don't have much else.
You boys should get healthy against them..You don't need extra mojo,..you got
the better team.

I don't have quite as positive an outlook on this one as Namor does. While he's right that if you stop Dyer and McCalebb they don't have much else, it's the same story with Florida. If you stop Rainey and Demps, they don't have much else.

Except it's a helluva lot harder to stop Dyer and McCalebb than it is to stop Rainey and Demps. Both teams breaking in new quarterbacks that are young and raw.

Jordan-Hare is just a damn tough place to play.

Good luck in this one Crocs.

I don't have quite as positive an outlook on this one as Namor does. While he's right that if you stop Dyer and McCalebb they don't have much else, it's the same story with Florida. If you stop Rainey and Demps, they don't have much else.

Except it's a helluva lot harder to stop Dyer and McCalebb than it is to stop Rainey and Demps. Both teams breaking in new quarterbacks that are young and raw.

Jordan-Hare is just a damn tough place to play.

Good luck in this one Crocs.

I'm just hoping....I really hate the Aubbies...bunch of tree hugging hippie fa**

By the way "Who made up Fla's schedule"?.. Bama at home,then LSU at Baton Rouge,
then off to Jordan-Hare...Damn....but thats life in the SEC...things can get brutal
real quick.....

By the way "Who made up Fla's schedule"?.. Bama at home,then LSU at Baton Rouge,
then off to Jordan-Hare...Damn....but thats life in the SEC...things can get brutal
real quick.....

They make up for by making sure they don't travel outside the state of Florida to play an OOC game, or schedule a ranked OOC opponent away from Gainesville.

The SEC schedule is brutal on everybody.

They make up for by making sure they don't travel outside the state of Florida to play an OOC game, or schedule a ranked OOC opponent away from Gainesville.

The SEC schedule is brutal on everybody.
Well FSU is ranked every now and then. Not like they used to be in the 90s though. As for the three West teams on the sched, it's just how the rotations go. Played the same 3 teams in '06 except LSU was at home and they won it all. UGA doesn't have to play LSU or Bama this year. I guess sometimes it does pay to be Georgia.

Well FSU is ranked every now and then. Not like they used to be in the 90s though. As for the three West teams on the sched, it's just how the rotations go. Played the same 3 teams in '06 except LSU was at home and they won it all. UGA doesn't have to play LSU or Bama this year. I guess sometimes it does pay to be Georgia.

The home-and-home with FSU is the only OOC opponent Florida has played away from Gainesville since Namor was a freshman. G'ville to T'hasse is hardly a road trip.

LSU, Georgia, Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, etc... all travel to play ranked opponents on top of playing the brutal SEC schedules.

Foley has plenty of money available in the athletic department for gas and a hotel room... the Crocs need to step up and play somebody.

The home-and-home with FSU is the only OOC opponent Florida has played away from Gainesville since Namor was a freshman. G'ville to T'hasse is hardly a road trip.

LSU, Georgia, Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, etc... all travel to play ranked opponents on top of playing the brutal SEC schedules.

Foley has plenty of money available in the athletic department for gas and a hotel room... the Crocs need to step up and play somebody.
Does @Miami in 2013 count?

DEAD!!!!!....Why is this forum dead this year?

You Bammers watching that special on ESPN about the Bama-Auburn rivalry?

Did we miss anything besides ESPN's attempt to make Auburn appear as Alabama's equal?

I suppose it may have been interesting to an outsider, but there's no way to understand the rivalry unless you live it.

I thought it was poorly done... they made some maniac fan from Texas who poisoned the Toomer's Trees as the official spokesperson and representative of the Alabama fanbase. It was told through the eyes of obnoxious Paul Finebaum callers from both sides (straightjacket Jim from Tuscaloosa, Tammy the mouth, etc.)

They could've done a lot more to bring such a rich and storied rivalry to the casual observer.

Basically, we're all a bunch of uneducated hicks on both sides who scream into a phone everyday to each other on Paul Finebaum's radio show.

The best way I can explain what the rivalry is really like is how it pertains to everyday life, and everybody in the state. The rivalry between Alabama and Auburn never ends. It's a 365 day a year event.... not just during football season, and not just the week of the Iron Bowl.

If two people happen to be mowing their lawns at the same time, and one is a Bama fan, the other an Auburn fan... you can bet your a** the Iron Bowl of lawn mowing is fixing to break out right then and there.

At the gas pump... at the grocery store... car wash... doesn't matter. It never stops.

Back
Top Bottom