**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

It was horrible...typical ESPN garbage...to one sided on a few idiots,instead
of showing the true passion..one thing to remember..this is a bitter,hard fought
rivalry...but there has never been a fight break out during a game.
Alot of schools can't say that.

Thought I'd share. One of my favorite college football traditions. Some hate it, I don't.
[video=youtube;ICwdeEVC5Gk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICwdeEVC5Gk[/video]

Might as well put this year's Alabama defense at the very top of the list of the best defenses in college football in the past 30+ years. This defense is just about on par with Bama's '92 defense that was the best defense college football had seen in the past 30+ years.

Let's look at this 2011 Bama defense:

They rank 1st in scoring defense (7.0 PPG) *6.8 PPG in regulation. Gave up 3 points to LSU in overtime due to LSU getting the ball at Bama's 25 yardline*

1st in rushing defense (74.92 YPG)
2nd in YPC average (2.5 YPC)
1st in rushing TD's allowed (3 total)

1st in passing defense (116.3 YPG)
1st in QB rating against (83.94)
T-1st in passing TD's allowed (6 total)
1st in yards/attempt (4.4 YP/A)
1st in completion percentage against (48.3%)

1st in total defense (191.3 YPG)
1st in yards/play (3.39 YPP)
1st in 1st downs allowed/game (10.5 / game)
1st in total 1st downs allowed (126 total)

1st in opponents 3rd down conversion rate (25%)
1st in Red Zone scoring (58.82%)
1st in Red Zone TD % (35.29)

The stats speak for themselves. However, if you watch this defense play, it's the physicality and sheer dominance that opposing teams cannot match. They break the will of the opposition, much like Alabama's '92 defense, although the '92 defense was still better.

Alabama, through no fault of their own (With the exception of hiring Satan) has become my second most hated team in collegiate football.

They have ZERO business being in the BCS (I know its not their fault, but its truth).

They sit on the couch the final game, don't win their conference or even their division, they already lost, at home to the team they are going to face, played a very weak schedule and yet......there they are.

College football, especially with all the rearanging daily, has become unwatchable...which is exactly what I will be doing the rest of the season... unwatching it lol

/rant, and my apologies for spamming your thread TSJ. Just couldnt hold back, and didnt see another thread appropriate

Alabama, through no fault of their own (With the exception of hiring Satan) has become my second most hated team in collegiate football.

They have ZERO business being in the BCS (I know its not their fault, but its truth).

They sit on the couch the final game, don't win their conference or even their division, they already lost, at home to the team they are going to face, played a very weak schedule and yet......there they are.

College football, especially with all the rearanging daily, has become unwatchable...which is exactly what I will be doing the rest of the season... unwatching it lol

/rant, and my apologies for spamming your thread TSJ. Just couldnt hold back, and didnt see another thread appropriate

Whether or not anyone 'hates' Alabama has nothing to do with the fact that they're right there with LSU as the two best teams in the country. All this rubbish you speak is flawed for several reasons..

1. Winning your conference has nothing to do with who should be playing for the national title, and until it does, it's nothing but sour grapes and envy directed towards Alabama, and the SEC in general for being the dominant conference. Michigan St. won their conference last year. Alabama finished 4th in the SEC and destroyed Michigan St. 49-7, and the only reason it was that close was because Bama was playing 3rd stringers in the 2nd half.

Until all conferences are playing a championship game, the 'win your conference' argument is dubious. It has nothing to do with who the best two teams are because all conferences are not equal. There's not a team in the country that would be conference champions if they played in the SEC West other than LSU. Period.

The 4th best team in the SEC (South Carolina) has already completely destroyed the ACC Champion (Clemson). Does Clemson belong in the BCS championship game? Again, the argument is nothing but a talking point with no backbone.

2. Alabama wasn't 'sitting on the couch in the final game'. They played the exact same number of games Oklahoma St. did. It only appears that Alabama was sitting on the couch because Okie Light had 2 bye weeks and the Big-12 scheduled Oklahoma vs. OSU in the last week of the season to give the exact perception that you've bought into. Why? Because they're not even playing a conference championship game because they don't even have enough teams.

The SEC has had to play the extra game (conference championship) for a decade while teams like Ohio St. and USC were getting into the BCS title game by..... 'sitting on the couch'. I don't remember hearing a single word about it.

Furthermore, winning your conference will NEVER be part of the equation in a BCS or playoff format for one reason. Notre Dame.

3. Alabama isn't the first team that's ever gotten into the championship game through other teams misfortunes, and won't be the last. Oklahoma St. lost to a 6-6 team. If Alabama had lost to Vanderbilt, nobody would be trying to put Alabama in the national championship.

4. There's no such thing as a weak schedule in the SEC. Alabama's OOC schedule was better than Oklahoma St.'s. Oklahoma St. has ZERO wins over a ranked opponent on the road. If you look strictly at the records of SEC teams Alabama played, their records are mediocre because they had to play the #1, #2, and #6 teams in the country.

Nobody will make the argument that Oklahoma St. can beat either one of LSU or Alabama and therefore deserves to be in the national championship game because they know they don't even believe it. They're only arguing completely irrelevant semantics (win your conference, I don't want to see a rematch, etc.) simply because it's Alabama and LSU. They know who the two best teams in the country are and it's not close.

The biggest giveaway that the BCS did it's job is that people are complaining.

Alabama deserves to be there, and they'll prove it in the Superdome in January.

"Auburn got run over by a freight train"..

I laughed 'til I cried... enjoy.

[video=youtube;EvTVfyWY788]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvTVfyWY788[/video]

Well, congrats folks. I would say wait for the AP Poll to come out, but I don't think there was any doubt left behind after tonight. Gotta be the most dominant defensive performance in a championship game I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The system is def. broken. This win proves nothing, it's insane that LSU was asked to beat Bama twice.

Not only that but Alabama didn't even win its own division! This just brings even more of an argument for a playoff system. Every other sport and every other college football league has a playoff...why can't the BCS get it right?

Right now, Slimm and Namor are heading down to Wal Mart to buy a case of natty light and have a celebration that will be the envy of all 450 other trailer parks within a 5 mile radius.

Congrats on the victory...that defense was something else. At least you guys proved you more than deserved another crack at em.

Not only that but Alabama didn't even win its own division! This just brings even more of an argument for a playoff system. Every other sport and every other college football league has a playoff...why can't the BCS get it right?

Guess what..they got it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now, Slimm and Namor are heading down to Wal Mart to buy a case of natty light and have a celebration that will be the envy of all 450 other trailer parks within a 5 mile radius.

Congrats on the victory...that defense was something else. At least you guys proved you more than deserved another crack at em.

Actually...don't drink..Plus I'm heading to Destin to my condo in the morning.Meeting my kids there to celebrate my birthday....Slimm is welcome to come.It's the reason I'm not in New Orleans.

Back
Top Bottom