**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

LSU highlights from the 2012 BCS Championship Game:

[video=youtube;VnmhTxCYogQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnmhTxCYogQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Damn lmao.

I was just coming here to post this.

:lol: :lol:

8wGDcO6Z-1.jpg
The only thing that could make this funnier is if after he catches the ball it just freezes and his head turns in to troll face.

U MAD?

Great article on Sabanball: And the only way to have a shot at beating it:

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/2/14/2795151/alabama-football-nick-saban

"Every other game follows a similar pattern. Alabama snuffs out the run game entirely. Since 2008, opponents have gained an average of 83.64 rushing yards a game against the Alabama defense. Do not use them all at once, no matter how hungry you are, because that is all you get. LSU averaged 202 yards a game in 2011, and got 79 yards total in the title game. Everyone dies.

Once they eliminate the run, the pain begins. The defense knows your pass routes, because they are taught to pattern-read and pattern-read very well. Even with top-25 talent, their pass rush contains better developed, better-coached athletes than yours. What your quarterback actually gets out of his hand is batted away, thrown harmlessly underneath for two yards, or caught by someone wearing a Crimson Tide jersey. You might get sacked. If you don't fumble, smile! That is considered a good result here.

Then you punt, and Alabama's offense hammers away, chews clock, and attempts 15 to 20 very carefully chosen passes in an attempt to kick field goals or sometimes score touchdowns. They don't need many of either.*

Ted, any idea how many reps Trent can do @ 225lbs.?

I'm thinking we start a vBookie event for this lol.

My guess is somewhere between 38-42 based on size and his quoted max. Biggest question is, will he really push himself to go large on bench at the combine or will he just modestly show off...

He says his personal goal is to do more reps than any running back has ever done, which he's a virtual lock to accomplish if he's allowed to do it. He talks about it here in this draft prep video:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7594225 (take a guess at how much each one of those dumbbells weigh)

However, if I were in his camp, I'd probably instruct him to make it clear beforehand that he's only going to do somewhere around 30 reps and stop. I don't think he really has much to gain in terms of his perceived stock by outlifting all of the offensive and defensive lineman and thrashing out 40+ reps.

He's going to be the first back selected and the scouts that have watched his film for the past 3 years already know exactly what a rare specimen he is at the position. I think he has more to gain by running in the 4.4 range in the 40 yard dash. I look for his 3-cone time to also be one of the best. The 3-cone is one of the most vital tests that involves a stopwatch because the time clocked here is what translates to the game of football.

This is a tremendous message that a lot of coaches fail to get across nowdays to highly recruited kids. It's a big reason why programs can rake in 5-star recruits by the bushel, but never win anything. A lot of these kids come in as 5-stars and leave as 2-stars.

It's not going to come easy if you want to be a champion, and more importantly.. nothing any recruiting publication says about you can prevent you from being a champion if you're willing to pay the price.

Coach Bryant made it pretty clear in a matter of about 2 minutes that he expected nothing less...

<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">[video=youtube;WVzETb9FSMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVzETb9FSMw[/video]

Saban uses Coach Bryant's method to get this message across to recruits who aren't highly sought after. He took kids that nobody else wanted like Marcel Dareus, Mark Ingram, Rolando McClain, Javier Arenas, Kareem Jackson, Nick Gentry, Rashad Johnson, etc... and made them champions.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

Dr Slimm. Can I get an early August report on the tide?

How is the team shaping up this season? Projected starters? I like the schedule, from the looks of it there are really only 3 or 4 games that look loseable.

Back
Top Bottom