Alex Boone would be interested in playing for Miami Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alex Boone would be interested in playing for Miami Dolphins

LOL. There's nothing to disagree about. He doesn't fit our ZBS.

Its not like OLineman either can zone block or they can't...its not some scientific process where the dude will sit there like a big dummy looking at the sky while letting the dine and LBs run by him. I understand that you're trying to tell me we run a different system than he is used to. So I disagree with you on the point that you think he can't do it. I think you're wrong

Its not like OLineman either can zone block or they can't...its not some scientific process where the dude will sit there like a big dummy looking at the sky while letting the dine and LBs run by him. I understand that you're trying to tell me we run a different system than he is used to. So I disagree with you on the point that you think he can't do it. I think you're wrong

Completely different set of techniques, reads, and movement skills.

It's very similar b/w the vast differences of an off man CB with click and close traits, and a press CB with length and strength. You are either one or the other. Rarely both. And Boone does not qualify as some special rarity in the NFL world of lineman. Not even close.

LOL. There's nothing to disagree about. He doesn't fit our ZBS.

You act like the guy is gonna be looking like a computer glitch out there, head spinning with his eyes closed and his arms out just hoping he touches somebody. I understand that you want to show off your deep understanding of OLine blocking schemes. We get it, its a diff system. Many lineman cbetconvert, im betting he can and would be an upgrade from what we currently have. Like Jesse Davis? Nobody knew who that guy was 6 days ago

You act like the guy is gonna be looking like a computer glitch out there, head spinning with his eyes closed and his arms out just hoping he touches somebody. I understand that you want to show off your deep understanding of OLine blocking schemes. We get it, its a diff system. Many lineman cbetconvert, im betting he can and would be an upgrade from what we currently have. Like Jesse Davis? Nobody knew who that guy was 6 days ago

Guess it's better than showing off that one knows nothing about the offensive line.

Guess it's better than showing off that one knows nothing about the offensive line.

So the guy that you claim couldn't block in our system comes out and says he would like to play for Gase...so what does that imply? That he would need us to change our system? C'mon dude, you sound ridiculous. If Jesse Davis the undrafted/practice squad "camp body" can block in our system then im sure the long-time starter, accomplished veteran has a shot

So the guy that you claim couldn't block in our system comes out and says he would like to play for Gase...so what does that imply? That he would need us to change our system? C'mon dude, you sound ridiculous. If Jesse Davis the undrafted/practice squad "camp body" can block in our system then im sure the long-time starter, accomplished veteran has a shot
My concern is that he may be damaged goods.

Alex Boone, come on down! I realize he's not the same player he was at San Francisco. But, Foerster coached him already, so he knows the system and has performed well in it. He's a strong player who could be an asset in the run game, and let's face it, we don't have a good LG solution in the passing game right now. I'd definitely give him a look.

Sure, Greco would probably be my first choice, but if Foerster wants Boone, and Boone wants Foerster, that looks like the right way to go. When he was at San Francisco, they had the most dominant OL in football. None of those guys that left looked as good afterwards, so maybe this would be a good fit to re-united him with Foerster.

Alex Boone, come on down! I realize he's not the same player he was at San Francisco. But, Foerster coached him already, so he knows the system and has performed well in it. He's a strong player who could be an asset in the run game, and let's face it, we don't have a good LG solution in the passing game right now. I'd definitely give him a look.

Sure, Greco would probably be my first choice, but if Foerster wants Boone, and Boone wants Foerster, that looks like the right way to go. When he was at San Francisco, they had the most dominant OL in football. None of those guys that left looked as good afterwards, so maybe this would be a good fit to re-united him with Foerster.

Boone was only coached by Foerster in '15 and it was nothing impressive. (bottom 10)

Mike Solari (Giants) and Tim Drevno (who is now at Michigan w/ Harbaugh) were the OL coaches during the years ('11-'12) when the 49ers had a dominant line.

Here's how I see it: if we do sign him, at the very least it's more OL depth, and that's a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom