All this talk that Wallace isnt a #1 and other debates. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All this talk that Wallace isnt a #1 and other debates.

Phinsdude

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Let's let the Calvin Johnson's of the world and Firzgerald's of the world lay. Those guys are freaks in size and skill set. When you look for a #1 WR, you want a few things.

1. Defenses game plan around them
2. He opens up the field for the whole offense
3. Game Changer
4. The guy you can turn to when you need a big play.

Now the one flaw I could see if Wallace if he is not always the guy you go to 3rd and 10 to get a first. However, send him deep and he opens up the field. No corner can cover him one on one.

I see a lot of people bashing him, and I find it unfair to say this guy isn't elite, because he is. His contract is high, but it's all about when you hit the market. If anyone is going to tell me Joe Flacco is deserving of the highest paying contract in football, you're crazy. His 2 td's to Jacoby Jones were under throws, and his lobs to Boldin were great catches. His receivers made his playoff run.

People have complained that if he was so good why did they Steelers let him go. They didn't!! They offered him a 5 year 50 milllion dollar deal. By decling that offer, the Steelers then gave unproven Anthonio Brown 43 million over 5 years as his replacement. 50 million is a serious deal.

All I know is that the last two times the Dolphins played the Steelers Wallace scored big time touchdowns! I dont need to be sold!

I'll second that with Keller, I remember a Sunday or Monday night game a few years back where he dominated us.

I find it funny when Wallace plays for the Steelers (going by media) he is this all world talent. He leaves Pitt, comes to Miami, now he's not worth it, etc and so on. I find it funny.

People will be doubling him and that alone makes him a 1st receiver.

I agree, but we also need to shore up the stiffs by passing right with the forward routes. Too many mistakes made last season with Hartline and we finally have a swift receiver capable of dominating the paint.

Back
Top Bottom