All-time favorite Dolphins special teamer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-time favorite Dolphins special teamer

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
52229227.0.jpg

https://www.thephinsider.com/2017/6...roby-brandon-fields-michael-thomas-larry-izzo

Izzo was so good on specials that him being terrible on down play was weird. The guy was a linebacker. The concept wasn't completely different. Never made sense to me.

In order:

1) Crash Jenson - best nick name & a QB with big balls
2) Larry Izzo - special team Demon
3) Reggie Roby (RIP) - no enclosed stadium could hold him
4) Our two Long Snappers - John Denney & ??? (I forget who the guy before Denney was, help a brothers memory fellow fin fans)
5) Would have been Garo IF he had made that Super Bowl FG to make THE PERFECT SEASON "PERFECT" at 17-0. But nooooooooooooo...
6) OJ McDuffie - loved his return game. No burner but always seemed to come up big.

Who am I missing boys?

John Denny gets a mention from me, I just love the dude lol

Maybe not a flashy position but he does his job damn well. Brandon Fields was damn good for a good amount of time for us too...

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing other classic guys out there

No love for Olindo Mare? lol

He was a great kicker.

I'll never forget how stupid the announcers sounded when they tried to say Mare with a spanish accent lol

Especially when it was an old white announcer lol

In order:

1) Crash Jenson - best nick name & a QB with big balls
2) Larry Izzo - special team Demon
3) Reggie Roby (RIP) - no enclosed stadium could hold him
4) Our two Long Snappers - John Denney & ??? (I forget who the guy before Denney was, help a brothers memory fellow fin fans)
5) Would have been Garo IF he had made that Super Bowl FG to make THE PERFECT SEASON "PERFECT" at 17-0. But nooooooooooooo...
6) OJ McDuffie - loved his return game. No burner but always seemed to come up big.

Who am I missing boys?

Olindo Mare? lol

In order:

Who am I missing boys?

Pretty sure that was Ed Perry...who also caught Marino's last TD toss.

Crash Jensen (Jim Jensen)
Wasn't the best but when a QB plays on special teams he get my respect.

Plus that's a cool name :thumbsup

Crash was really what we would now call an hback. He was an emergency qb, if our starter and back up got injured.

Back
Top Bottom