allen or patterson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

allen or patterson?

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
man i dont know who i like more right now. i think the are both perfect for the wco. who would you take, and could patterson be worth a top 15 pick? i really like them both but we need pattersons speed
[video=youtube;afFxvuAXnzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afFxvuAXnzU[/video]
[video=youtube;ylzEMgmWWnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylzEMgmWWnM[/video]

I think they both are terrific players and both seem like good fits in a WC offense. They are both similar in that they can make things happen with the ball in their hands. I think both could get a lot of YAC in the NFL. I'm leaning toward Patterson as the guy I'd pull the trigger on first, but I think it's a good question and should raise a good debate.

allen is the more complete receiver as of now IMO. but patterson has huge potential. allen's numbers this year would have been way better if he had a QB who could even throw the ball halfway decent. a more fair assessment of allen IMO would be his 2011 year when his qb still was garbage, but could at least get him the ball, and when the all the coverage wasn't rolled his way because cal has no one else even decent on their offense.

allen is the more complete receiver as of now IMO. but patterson has huge potential. allen's numbers this year would have been way better if he had a QB who could even throw the ball halfway decent. a more fair assessment of allen IMO would be his 2011 year when his qb still was garbage, but could at least get him the ball, and when the all the coverage wasn't rolled his way because cal has no one else even decent on their offense.
In Patterson's defense, you have to acknowledge the fact that her played for Tennessee. A situation that is not too conducive to success. Plus the fact that Bray shrinks in the face of any pressure.

Allen is a more complete receiver. He may not be the burner that Patterson is but he has much better hands & is a better route runner. A plus for both of them is they're very capable returners so if we want to save a roster spot by dropping Thigpen.

I don't know that I really consider Patterson a burner. He's got great lateral cutting ability and regularly jukes people, but there are all kinds of players out on the field actually running faster.

The reason I take a Keenan Allen over a Cordarelle Patterson every time is physicality. This is a physical game and I've seen Patterson look intimidated when defensive players get overly physical with him. Keenan Allen on the other hand seems to welcome it.

Put the two of them in a foot race and I'm not actually sure who wins that. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Allen.

I don't know that I really consider Patterson a burner. He's got great lateral cutting ability and regularly jukes people, but there are all kinds of players out on the field actually running faster.

The reason I take a Keenan Allen over a Cordarelle Patterson every time is physicality. This is a physical game and I've seen Patterson look intimidated when defensive players get overly physical with him. Keenan Allen on the other hand seems to welcome it.

Put the two of them in a foot race and I'm not actually sure who wins that. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Allen.
I'm glad you chimed in on this one. I've been going back and forth on the two. Do you know how serious Allen's injury is? That's another factor to consider.

I'm glad you chimed in on this one. I've been going back and forth on the two. Do you know how serious Allen's injury is? That's another factor to consider.

That is another factor to consider and unfortunately I don't know much about the situation. We'll find out more as things go on, I'm sure.

When all is said and done, I wonder if Quinton Patton may be the highest drafted receiver in this draft.

Id take Allen as of now. He is fearless across the middle and really fights for the ball in the air. I am a big fan of Patterson though as well..the YAC ability is probably some of the best in the draft.
CK I know you were high on Marquess Wilson..as was I. How much do you think his situation hurts his stock?

In the listings I'm seeing, both players are listed at 6'3; Patterson is listed at 205, and Allen is listed at 210. Allen, though, seems like the much bigger player. I think you can make a pretty strong case for both guys. Allen is the safer pick. But Patterson could do some real damage in a West Coast offense.

In Patterson's defense, you have to acknowledge the fact that her played for Tennessee. A situation that is not too conducive to success. Plus the fact that Bray shrinks in the face of any pressure.
your right, tyler bray was playing like trash. but even when tyler bray is playing horribly, hes still 10 x the quarterback that cal has.

I also feel more comfortable with WR's coming out of the SEC. I think the level of competition eliminates some of the guess work that we're going to be doing with players like Allen and Woods. Obviously the Pac 12 has some standout CB's this year, but there's a difference between seeing a really good players once every five weeks and seeing most of the best secondaries in the country week in and week out.

Id take Allen as of now. He is fearless across the middle and really fights for the ball in the air. I am a big fan of Patterson though as well..the YAC ability is probably some of the best in the draft.
CK I know you were high on Marquess Wilson..as was I. How much do you think his situation hurts his stock?

Enough to where he's not coming out. But based on what I've seen from him, I don't think his NFL future is really in jeopardy. Pretty clear the guy can play.

Enough to where he's not coming out. But based on what I've seen from him, I don't think his NFL future is really in jeopardy. Pretty clear the guy can play.
Wilson is not coming out? He left the team so where would he go?

Back
Top Bottom