Allen Robinson WR | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Allen Robinson WR

MiamiDolphin618

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If you havent seen this kid play...you need to. I know people are going to say we are set at WR but in reality I would say we are far from it. Am I going to pass on great talents because of Rishard Matthews or Gibson? Absolutely not. Im a BPA type of guy and Robinson to me isnt quite getting the recognition he deserves. He is a projected late 1 - Early 2 guy right now due to a deep draft class...but I have him at #3 behind Watkins and Mike Evans.

At 6'3 and 220 lbs he ran a 4.6 which was a little disappointing. He looks like a 4.5 guy to me but he also bulked up a bit for the combine. Anyways...he looks an awful lot like Dez Bryant...not quite as elusive (although he offers great RAC ability) and not quite as strong...but very similar in other aspects. Red zone threat and great at making contested catches. IMO he fits the type of WR that Tannehill has shown to love. Hes on my short list at 19.

I wouldn't be mad about Robninson in the 2nd, but I think he'll probably go somewhere between our 1st and 2nd pick. He's an outstanding RAC player.

I agree. 19 may be too rich for some but depending on who was there I'd pull the trigger. In a trade down scenario I would love it though. I think he might get out of the first but I agree he won't make it to 50

I know people are going to say we are set at WR but in reality I would say we are far from it.

we are far from set anywhere on offense, but for some reason people seem to think a new OC and OL is going to turn this offense into the broncos.
we need a #1 wr, rb and te but people want to waste high picks on LBs and interior linemen? we made our bed at LB through 2014 with the 3 we have, and the OL needs to be addressed through FA with proven nfl players, not rookies.

We are not drafting a WR at 19.

Not saying we will...but I wouldn't pass on a stud WR just to fill a position of need. That's how we have become mediocre

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

we are far from set anywhere on offense, but for some reason people seem to think a new OC and OL is going to turn this offense into the broncos.
we need a #1 wr, rb and te but people want to waste high picks on LBs and interior linemen? we made our bed at LB through 2014 with the 3 we have, and the OL needs to be addressed through FA with proven nfl players, not rookies.
I agree with alot of this. I just want to draft the BPA. If that's a lineman fine..or a LB. Just don't pass up better players because of it

If he is there when we pick in the second, i would run to the podium. Very deep WR class and it seems like he is being a little bit forgotten. I think he would be a great playmaker on the other side of Wallace. Move hartline to the slot

If he is there when we pick in the second, i would run to the podium. Very deep WR class and it seems like he is being a little bit forgotten. I think he would be a great playmaker on the other side of Wallace. Move hartline to the slot

Thing about Robinson is he was so versatile in PSU's offense...moved all over the place. He could play slot, outside, wherever we wanted. I think Hartline is actually well suited for the outside just because of how he plays his game. The comeback is his bread and butter and he has some of the best sideline awareness in the NFL.

yeah thats very true. Philbin wants his receivers to be able to play every spot so robinson seems to fit that mold

Back
Top Bottom