Alphonso Roundtree Named To All-NFL Europe League Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alphonso Roundtree Named To All-NFL Europe League Team

Yup...pretty much just like I thought. Of the NFL Europe crowd, this is the guy that has the best chance of sticking with the team. We tend to keep at least one more DB than most fans think we should...and last year I believe Roundtree made the roster.

He and Korey Banks should be the battle for the fifth CB spot. The reps should have helped Roundtree, wasn't he a safety in Canada?

I think so. He came in and initially didn't look so good in mini-camps without pads however when the pads got strapped on he made plays and covered well as a tough physical corner. He obviously needed some experience at the position though, and thats why I'm sure the phins sent him to Europe.

Hopefully we will keep him around for special teams, I want him around for a couple more years.

Yeah Roundtree played well last preseason and The experience can only help. I have heard Banks is good, but Roundtree played better last year and I think he will end up the 5 cb.

Roundtree made the team last year at some point, so they do see something in him. I think one should make the team, one practice squad. They both are hard workers with talent.

Phinsdude said:
Roundtree made the team last year at some point, so they do see something in him. I think one should make the team, one practice squad. They both are hard workers with talent.

He and Banks were going at it last year during PS, they both looked pretty good in PS..I was surprised we took poole, but with that kind of potential, you just can not draft him and he may be the steal of the draft for us. Man it seems like light years since Flecther, obviously we learned our lessons, the last couple of drafts and pickups for CB have been a lot better.

Banks is fast and breaks well on the ball. If, and this is a big if, if the officials are serious about cracking down major on physical corners, then Banks' style of play will be at a premium, and Roundtree could end up being tossed by the wayside.

Back
Top Bottom