Amendola Signing Grade: D+ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amendola Signing Grade: D+

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
The problem isn't in signing Amendola, who proved during the postseason (as he seemingly does on an annual basis) that he can be an effective weapon for stretches of time. The Dolphins will spin the Amendola signing as bringing a veteran into their locker room with proven playoff experience who will improve their team culture, and in a vacuum, that's a logical solution.

Everything else about this, though, is wrong. The Dolphins just spent significant money to bring in Albert Wilson, who profiled best as a replacement for Jarvis Landry in the slot. They're in desperate salary-cap straits and are about to cut Ndamukong Suh to create room to get underneath the cap. The other move they'll make is to trade or cut Ja'Wuan James, which will leave them bereft at three different starting spots along the offensive line. Miami is the guy whose car won't start who went to the auto repair shop but just spent his last 35 bucks on air fresheners.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...trades-signings-moves-offseason-bill-barnwell

Read Bill Barnwells opinion on Trey Burton’s signing (he hasn’t ever been a mismatch)

Then read his opinion on Wilson, who has been more productive than Burton.

Then laugh. Loudly.

Brilliantly written and true beyond the written words.

Ok so I can get down with a D as a grade but give me something more than just "a guy who bought air fresheners"

I mean I get what they are saying but you just brought in two receivers for the price of the one you shipped off.

Now you can ship off one tackle at 9+m and you're telling me you can fill at least two voids along the line with that money?

I mean I'm as frustrated as the next guy with this off season but this is still a crap article. At least give a few facts to back it up.

LOL. Are there any more slot receivers we can sign? I'm just glad that's not any other holes that need to be filled.

Back
Top Bottom