An ‘exhausted’ B.Carpenter gets his head on straight long enough to start for Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

An ‘exhausted’ B.Carpenter gets his head on straight long enough to start for Fins

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last week was not exactly the easiest for Bobby Carpenter.

Arrive in South Florida on Sunday night after being signed off waivers. Figure out his housing situation. Have a car transported here from Ohio. Learn his new playbook. Learn the Bills.

Oh, and start for the Dolphins at inside linebacker seven days after arriving in town.

“I was very exhausted by the end of the week,” Carpenter said Thursday as he and his teammates prepared to face the Vikings. “But it was nice to get out there. Once the game comes, you forget all that and just go play.”

Linebacker Bobby Carpenter, pictured here with the Cowboys, barely had time to catch his breath last week before starting for the Dolphins on Sunday / AP
Carpenter, in his fifth season out of Ohio State, has quickly taken over the role as nickel linebacker in the Dolphins’ defense, especially with Channing Crowder shelved indefinitely with a groin injury and rookie A.J. Edds, drafted in the fourth round specifically for his pass-coverage abilities, out for the season with a torn ACL.

Veteran linebacker Tim Dobbins, acquired over the summer, has been taking most of Crowder’s reps during practice. But Dobbins is more of a run-stopper, and the Bills took 75 percent of their snaps from the shotgun, according to the website ProFootballFocus.com. The site also says Carpenter, who had one tackle, played 14 snaps against Buffalo, while Dobbins played seven.

“Whenever they go three receivers and a tight end, I’m usually going to be in the game,” Carpenter said. “It was probably a little more than I anticipated, but it was exciting, and I got a good opportunity to play.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...n-straight-long-enough-to-start-for-dolphins/

Last edited by a moderator:
If guys like Fasano, Polite and Jason Allen can resurrect their careers under Coach Sparano, why can't Bobby Carpenter do the same. I believe Bobby can really make a difference down here, sometimes all these players need is to get cut once for the light to turn on.

He did not look bad last week. I think he might do pretty well down here. I wonder if the coaching staff would keep edds and carpenter if he pans out.

He did not look bad last week. I think he might do pretty well down here. I wonder if the coaching staff would keep edds and carpenter if he pans out.

I sincerely don't see Crowder here after this year. So, my prediction is our ILB corps could like Dansby, Dobbins, Carpenter & Edds.

If guys like Fasano, Polite and Jason Allen can resurrect their careers under Coach Sparano, why can't Bobby Carpenter do the same. I believe Bobby can really make a difference down here, sometimes all these players need is to get cut once for the light to turn on.

As long as he can hold down the fort in the nickel while Edds recovers, I'm happy. So long as he isn't in on running downs that is.

A few plays that were runs, he did look terrible.

If Carpenter pans out I think Dobbins is the odd man out.

Back
Top Bottom