Analysing the Dolphins schedule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Analysing the Dolphins schedule

chrispepper

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So a lot of people, including many of our own fans are saying this Dolphins team is nailed on for a 3/4 win season... Lets take a loot at our schedule.

Week 1 @Texans
Week 2 Raiders
Week 3 Jets
Week 4 @Cardinals
Week 5 @Bengals
Week 6 @Rams
Week 7 BYE
Week 8 @Jets
Week 9 @Colts
Week 10 Titans
Week 11 @Bills
Week 12 Seahawks
Week 13 Patriots
Week 14 @49ers
Week 15 Jaguars
Week 16 Bills
Week 17 @Patriots

Now I have bolded all of the games that to me appear winnable.. Whatever way you want to look at it, that is 12 winnable games.. Now i'm not saying were going 12-4 thats not the point, we will obviously lose quite a few of those games as we are clearly going through a rebuilding period..

But just look at that schedule.. is there any reason we can't go 3-3, even 4-2 into the bye week? We've beaten the raiders the past 2 season, we always pick up 1 win against the jets, usually at home, the cardinals and rams both stink, now I think we lose to the Bengals but I don't think there as good as last year..

If we do what we typically do in our division and split with the jets and bills, that's 2-4 in our division.. Are people really saying we can only pick up one or two more wins from a schedule that includes the raiders, cardinals, bengals, rams, colts, titans, seahawks and jags??

Look I'm not trying to say we will make the playoffs.. although the annoying thing is, I personally think if we keep our roster from last year then we get atleast 10 wins..

But there is no reason why we can't have a solid 8-8 season under our rookie head coach and quarterback, to at least get our hopes up for the coming seasons. Obviously a lot of it depends on Ryan Tannehill, and I feel a whole lot better about our chances if our wide receiver core is something like hartline/jones/bess/gaffney than I do about a potential hartline/naanee/bess/matthews recieving core, especially with Hartline not being healthy yet..

But in my opinion it's ridiculous to say the Dolphins will have one of the worst 5 records in the league.. Our defence is back for the most part, our offence will admittedly be slightly worse but even with that.. I'm predicting a 7-9 record. I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being 6-10 and I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up one or two extra wins on the way..

Let's just try and be positive about this upcoming season. There is a lot to be excited about. A rookie qb that could be potentially be very good, a new coaching staff which HAS to be an upgrade on Sporano, and a piss easy schedule that is among the easiest in the league.

Fins up.

Only games I see that we MIGHT have a chance of winning are against the Cardinals, Colts and Jags.

I'm really not expecting more than a 1-6 start this year with the way we've looked so far.

You didn't bold the Bye week. At least we're not losing in that week :) Just kidding.

Seriously, I don't want to predict our 2012 record but one thing is certain: if we win fewer games than last year with this cupcake schedule, it would be a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom