Analysis of Jake Long vs. Chris Long | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Analysis of Jake Long vs. Chris Long

The writer forgets to mention Jake Long wasn't playing at 100%.

The writer forgets to mention Jake Long wasn't playing at 100%.

Yeah and he seems to be slightly biased in Chris' favor. Even when Jake beat him for an entire drive the writer only gave Jake a 1 point win. I'm not sure why.

Any person with an eye for talent can tell that once Jake got on the field in the NFL in his first game, he was going to be dominant.

There reports that Jakes ankle was disgusting after the game, like a ballon some say..Chris long is a great football player, i hope he enjoyed his few sucessful plays against Jake. Jake Long is a special football player

Nice find on the article.

The guy writing it was a bit sketchy. Chris hits Penny and wins 10-7, but Jake holds Chris at bay for a series and wins 10-9. What did Jake have to do? Drive Chris into the ground, and then have him prepare a sandwich for him?
Overall his scoring system is definately sided to the defense.

After a holding penalty, the Dolphins faced first-and-20 with 49 seconds left before halftime. Chris rushed to the outside and Jake got in his way at first, doing a pretty good job of maintaining the proper position. But as Pennington tried to buy time in the pocket, Chris finally got Jake off balance, knocked him down, and hit Pennington just as Pennington delivered his pass, a seven-yard completion to Fasano. Jake held his pass block for, by my stopwatch, 4.0 seconds -- long enough that on most plays, Chris wouldn't have gotten to Pennington. But the bottom line is that Pennington took a shot to the ribs. That means Jake didn't hold his block long enough.

This also seems like an odd commentary by the author. Bottom line is Chris did not get to the QB in time and it resulted in a 7 yard completion.

Back
Top Bottom