And some people here want Philbin fired? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And some people here want Philbin fired?

NACC

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/15/3818658/miami-dolphins-joe-philbin-keeping.html
I for one would like some stability in this organization and keep the staff together. Players respect the coaches on this team. Who cares what outsiders say! We haven't had a stable franchise since coach Shula and it has shown. Some people are too quick to want someone fired because we need instant gratification. It takes time for teams to find the right mixture to mature! I feel Philbin is on the verge of something great here in Miami!!!

I like him, but he has made some pretty glaring mistakes.

Some of the "Fire him" stuff comes from frustration. There is something to be said for "growing as a head coach," but the clock management at the end of the half last Sunday had me screaming at my pixel feed on my computer.

I don't want to get rid of him, but there is certainly room for improvement. His clock management is suspect.

I have to admit that he did a very nice job keeping this team together after the Martin fiasco. However, I still hate his lack of half time adjustments and the fact he brought in mike Sherman.

I have to admit that he did a very nice job keeping this team together after the Martin fiasco. However, I still hate his lack of half time adjustments and the fact he brought in mike Sherman.

He is on the spot today to have his team ready and the ability to make adjustments on the fly. Let's see where these articles are at the end of today.

I want him fired, along with Sherman. I want him fired because he hired Sherman. I want him fired because his offense is easily countered and shut down at times. However, I will give him some credit for keeping Miami in the playoff race so far. But, if they end up 8-8 or worse, then I want him fired.

Actually, the only way that I'd keep Philbin is if he brings in a new OC with a better offensive philosophy. Hire someone who knows how to utilize Wallace's talents, can make in-game adjustments, and knows how to get a first down and kill the clock by running the ball... in other words, an offense that is the opposite of Philbin's!

In the previous game against NE, Miami had more on-field talent, but lost the game because Philbin and Sherman's offense were shut out in the second half. They can't let that happen again! The playoffs go through NE, and if this coaching staff can't figure out how to beat them with superior talent, then they're not the right staff for this team.

dolphin fans have no vision. They only look at the result and determine you are a loser. One must wait until you get a full 3 years to build your team. There is no indication that this team is falling apart, in fact, its coming together moreso than just about any other team in the league.

Mistakes are going to occur when dealing with a 2nd year head coach. Improvement is what you want to see. And i've seen then from the hard knock days til now.

NFLN and Saap and Irving were just touting about how Philbin turned this team into a real family while cutting out the cancer.

I will admit that I was surprised that the team held it together after the Buccs loss. Got to credit Philbin for that...

That being said, Philbin leaves a lot to be desired as a game day coach...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/15/3818658/miami-dolphins-joe-philbin-keeping.html
I for one would like some stability in this organization and keep the staff together. Players respect the coaches on this team. Who cares what outsiders say! We haven't had a stable franchise since coach Shula and it has shown. Some people are too quick to want someone fired because we need instant gratification. It takes time for teams to find the right mixture to mature! I feel Philbin is on the verge of something great here in Miami!!!

Consideration for "Coach of the Year" should be on the table for sure.
I too was pissed at some mistakes I have seen from the coaching end of this team. But sometimes we need to shut our traps and let these things play out. I have a feeling we are in good hands. And have some continuity going forward.

I think Sherman was brought in just for Tannehill. To make his transition to the NFL easier. Now that Ryan is comfortable, he needs a coach to push his limits. I am not so certain that Sherman is the right guy.

Some people yes. Not I. :3w:

I want him fired, along with Sherman. I want him fired because he hired Sherman. I want him fired because his offense is easily countered and shut down at times. However, I will give him some credit for keeping Miami in the playoff race so far. But, if they end up 8-8 or worse, then I want him fired.

Actually, the only way that I'd keep Philbin is if he brings in a new OC with a better offensive philosophy. Hire someone who knows how to utilize Wallace's talents, can make in-game adjustments, and knows how to get a first down and kill the clock by running the ball... in other words, an offense that is the opposite of Philbin's!

In the previous game against NE, Miami had more on-field talent, but lost the game because Philbin and Sherman's offense were shut out in the second half. They can't let that happen again! The playoffs go through NE, and if this coaching staff can't figure out how to beat them with superior talent, then they're not the right staff for this team.

Miami had more on-field talent? Is that true? I can't seen how it can be as long as Brady's on the field.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Why does his team come out flat in big games?

Just once can he confuse a great coach with his staff's strategy?

I'm talking about other than the QB position. On second thought, NE is winning with a lot of rookies as starters. If Miami loses this game, I say clean house.

Back
Top Bottom