And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

Blade said:
I never joke and no way is Michigan 5 times better then Texas. It may have been closer but OSU still would have won. Without Mario Manningham, Michigan stinks. He will be back for the game but i doubt he will be 100%.

That's kind of sad....unless it was a joke!

Blade said:
I never joke and no way is Michigan 5 times better then Texas. It may have been closer but OSU still would have won. Without Mario Manningham, Michigan stinks. He will be back for the game but i doubt he will be 100%.
Of all the things you post, this is the first thing I recall having a problem with. He is a large part of thier offense(a playmaker), so of course it would hurt them, but to say they stink is ignorant. I would venture to say that without Ginn for a few games OSU offense would suffer, but I would never say they stink.

On the topic of recruiting....anyone just feel like ripping Jimmy Clausen's head off?

clear.gif

I mean, WTF?

Frisches13283 said:
Of all the things you post, this is the first thing I recall having a problem with. He is a large part of thier offense(a playmaker), so of course it would hurt them, but to say they stink is ignorant. I would venture to say that without Ginn for a few games OSU offense would suffer, but I would never say they stink.

Ok, ok. By stinks, i meant they weren't as potent and explosive like they were in the beginning of the season with Mario in the line up. I don't mean they suck by no means. I am just saying that the last few games they played they weren't explosive with the long ball like they were when Mario scored 3 deep passed against ND, I believe (could be wrong on who they played). But with Mario in, they averaged 33.5 points and with him out they are only averaging 18.5 points.

Blade said:
Ok, ok. By stinks, i meant they weren't as potent and explosive like they were in the beginning of the season with Mario in the line up. I don't mean they suck by no means. I am just saying that the last few games they played they weren't explosive with the long ball like they were when Mario scored 3 deep passed against ND, I believe (could be wrong on who they played). But with Mario in, they averaged 33.5 points and with him out they are only averaging 18.5 points.

To be fair one of those games was against Penn State. :wink:

Wow..what a day from Brady Quinn....against a horid defense in Navy...the smug Charlie Weiss is still throwing every down late in the 4th quarter up 17...what a classless fat body.......

If Jim Tressell was that much of a jerk troy Smith might throw for 3,000 yds and 40 Td's.....

Disgusting display by Notre Dame...not that it makes ANY difference in the heisman race..As long as Troy beats MIchigan(again) its his hands down.

..just makes me root against ND even more watching that BS....too bad they have no chance at making the Nat'l title game this year...we'd beat them by 20.

I think Ted Ginn is really overated but Rice does deserve some recognition

DBoston80 said:
Wow..what a day from Brady Quinn....against a horid defense in Navy...the smug Charlie Weiss is still throwing every down late in the 4th quarter up 17...what a classless fat body.......

If Jim Tressell was that much of a jerk troy Smith might throw for 3,000 yds and 40 Td's.....

Disgusting display by Notre Dame...not that it makes ANY difference in the heisman race..As long as Troy beats MIchigan(again) its his hands down.

..just makes me root against ND even more watching that BS....too bad they have no chance at making the Nat'l title game this year...we'd beat them by 20.

At the goal line we ran it 3 straight times, what are you talking about? We werent running that score up at all.

DonShula84 said:
At the goal line we ran it 3 straight times, what are you talking about? We werent running that score up at all.

U threw about 5 straight plays when they punted to midfield....most coaches without an agenda just start to run the ball....Charlie Weiss is a sore loser and a sore winner...Im gonna enjoy watching him lose a couple more times this year.

Anyone who watched that first OSU drive knows that Tressell and the boys are a win first team...looking good and winning awards are secondary...he lines it up and pounds Minnesota the first drive..could he have scored passing?? Ofcourse but he's installing smashmouth football.

Majpain said:
Weis is sure trying to get Brady that Heisman.

Why do you guys act like we ran the score up? We scored twice in the 2nd half. We threw the ball 25 times, less than Quinn usually throws so Weis isnt just slinging the ball 50 times to pad Quinns stats so stop crying when Brady has a solid game.

Running the score up is winning by 32 and doing WR passes to try and embarrass your opponent. Or go to the Bowling Green game where OSU is up 28-7 in the 4th and Smith is still throwing bombs to Ginn. Ask MSU or UCLA what happens when your offense stops playing with time left on the clock, Weis wasnt running the score up, he was making sure it remained a 3 possession game.

The funny thing is if Quinn doesnt throw the 4th quarter TD and we just run the ball and punt and Navy scores a late TD to make it a 10 point game, you OSU fans would be the first ones on here saying how overrated ND is for only winning by 10.

DonShula84 said:
Why do you guys act like we ran the score up? We scored twice in the 2nd half. We threw the ball 25 times, less than Quinn usually throws so Weis isnt just slinging the ball 50 times to pad Quinns stats so stop crying when Brady has a solid game.

Running the score up is winning by 32 and doing WR passes to try and embarrass your opponent. Or go to the Bowling Green game where OSU is up 28-7 in the 4th and Smith is still throwing bombs to Ginn. Ask MSU or UCLA what happens when your offense stops playing with time left on the clock, Weis wasnt running the score up, he was making sure it remained a 3 possession game.

The funny thing is if Quinn doesnt throw the 4th quarter TD and we just run the ball and punt and Navy scores a late TD to make it a 10 point game, you OSU fans would be the first ones on here saying how overrated ND is for only winning by 10.
:yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom