Andrew Luck & Brandon Marshall wouldn't get along anyway. Serious personality clash.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck & Brandon Marshall wouldn't get along anyway. Serious personality clash..

Right, so say you wouldn't want to play with players who exhibit "suck for Luck," not fans.

Of what import is the fans' mentality anyway? How does that affect thing one a quarterback is tasked to do in the NFL?

Because fans are part of the team culture.

If the Miami Dolphins players come charging out of the tunnel, and are greeted by thousands of Miami fans wearing "Suck 4 Luck" t-shirts, and knowing that the Miami fans want them to lose, that can influence their desire to win. After all, if the fans want them to lose, the players can easily adopt a "why bother" attitude.

On the other hand, if the Miami Dolphins players know that millions of Miami Dolphins fans are hoping for a win, that a win will make an entire city happier, they are more likely to do their absolute best to win for their fans.

If the Miami Dolphins players come charging out of the tunnel, and are greeted by thousands of Miami fans wearing "Suck 4 Luck" t-shirts, and knowing that the Miami fans want them to lose, that can influence their desire to win. After all, if the fans want them to lose, the players can easily adopt a "why bother" attitude.

On the other hand, if the Miami Dolphins players know that millions of Miami Dolphins fans are hoping for a win, that a win will make an entire city happier, they are more likely to do their absolute best to win for their fans.

Only a mentally weak team would allow the fans to affect them like that.

I don't think fans are any part of a team's culture, and I don't think fans have anywhere near the kind power in relation to the team that you've attributed to them here.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

What Luck should be saying IMO is that he realizes many fans of the league's worst teams are going to have a "suck for Luck" sentiment right now, but that he hopes to play for the kind of team whose players react to that by desiring to win games and change their fans' attitudes.

My version is much more adult-like and much less naive IMO. Then again Luck is in his early 20s and I'm nearly 40.

I think when you compare it to a fairly severe mental disorder that's woven into the very fabric of his personality, it's a very weak one.

Not really, if you take into account how long (as in years and years) he resided in Orlando and how that it is part of what formed his identity. By your comment, you are axing out daily thought over years and years in a place- daily conditions.

Demographics is an extremely large part of how all people evolve not only as an individuals, but as a community, and on a larger scale how races of people evolve uniquely.

Only a mentally weak team would allow the fans to affect them like that.
Most definitely.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Not really, if you take into account how long (as in years and years) he resided in Orlando and how that it is part of what formed his identity.

Demographics is an extremely large part of how all people evolve not only as an individual, but as a community, and on a larger scale races of people.
Not happening dude.

Borderline Personality Disorder is formed between the ages of zero and about six.

Orlando shmorlando.

Most definitely.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Not happening dude.

Borderline Personality Disorder is formed between the ages of zero and about six.

Orlando shmorlando.

Not happening with you that is, dude.

Though it is typical to find convenience in abbreviating and generalizing issues for sure. It makes it easier to understand, digest, and discard.

I don't think fans are any part of a team's culture, and I don't think fans have anywhere near the kind power in relation to the team that you've attributed to them here.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

What Luck should be saying IMO is that he realizes many fans of the league's worst teams are going to have a "suck for Luck" sentiment right now, but that he hopes to play for the kind of team whose players react to that by desiring to win games and change their fans' attitudes.

My version is much more adult-like and much less naive IMO. Then again Luck is in his early 20s and I'm nearly 40.

"Suck For Luck" is mature and adult-like?

Sure sounds like something a teenage kid would be chanting.

"Suck For Luck" is mature and adult-like?

Sure sounds like something a teenage kid would be chanting.

You are twisting his words to try to make him seem stupid. He never said Suck for Luck was mature. He said the way he would have handled the question posed to Luck was mature and adult-like.

Not happening with you that is, dude.

Though it is typical to find convenience in abbreviating and generalizing issues for sure. It makes it easier to understand, digest, and discard.
Someone's personality is hardly an abbreviation.

That's pretty "big picture."

I'd be curious if even the biggest BMarsh jockers on this site really think it would be positive for his unstable *** to be demanding the ball from whichever rookie QB we get.

With your judgements, that's the "only picture" you processing at this point in time.
No, I'm actually fully processing the miniscule one you're proposing, as well, and discounting it completely in comparison to the breadth and depth of a person's personality.

If this team starts winning Brandon Marshall will be just fine. If they don't he will be a cancer. That is the nature of having a guy like Marshall on the team.

Back
Top Bottom