Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid'

Hey, I agree. but why wont people just admit it's an IF and quit acting like he is 100% the answer. We don't know, it's just a great chance. not THE chance.

Well THE chance we haven't taken when we were supposed to since Marino retired. It's time to do what needs to be done and go after the top QB prospect. If he fails I won't be happy sure, but at least we tried. When was the last time any Dolphins FO has tried to get a QB for the long term future? We get short sighted clowns who want to "win now" with discarded table scraps like a damn begging dog.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Visibly passionate relentless displays of "Suck for Luck" by frustrated fans sick of mediocrity ... result in the perception of being even less-than-mediocre "fans who Suck" to The Lucks

I don't care about what the Lucks think. This team will be equally awful regardless of any campaigns. If Luck decides not to come here then he can go back to college. If he does come out we draft him regardless if he wants to be here or not. If he refuses to play we trade him for a whole bunch of draft picks. Either way we come out better than we were.

Essentially what you are doing is saying i want Andrew Luck but im going to root against us getting him.

Nope, what I'm saying is that if we are in the position to draft Luck, I want to see him in Miami. However I'm not going to actively root to be in that position because to do so would mean cheering against the team I have cheered for my whole life. S4Ler's to me are nothing but Bandwagon fans who refuse to take that extra leap and cheer for a new team.

You better get ready to have your mind blown then because the Phins and Colts will be lucky to get 2 wins between them.
Disagree. Colts face TENN and JAX twice each, they also face a 1 win CAR team. As far as we're concerned, KC looked awful early, but is killing it now. Skins might be an issue, otherwise we dont have a win on our schedule.

Nope, what I'm saying is that if we are in the position to draft Luck, I want to see him in Miami. However I'm not going to actively root to be in that position because to do so would mean cheering against the team I have cheered for my whole life. S4Ler's to me are nothing but Bandwagon fans who refuse to take that extra leap and cheer for a new team.

Ahhh.......so first prize is if we win some games and pick around 8 or 9. Consolation prize is if we have the worst record and wind up getting Luck.

No you dont really want Luck. If you are rooting for them to win and get as many victories as possible than you dont want Luck. Its like me saying.....gee i really want the USA to win the world cup but than I root against them in all their qualifiying round matches.

Essentially what you are doing is saying i want Andrew Luck but im going to root against us getting him.

Oh dear God......

That wasn't even a clever analogy. You used literally two exact same scenarios with zero irony, but delivered it as though it was inventive and ironic.

Ahhh.......so first prize is if we win some games and pick around 8 or 9. Consolation prize is if we have the worst record and wind up getting Luck.

No, First prize is going 10-0 over the last ten games, getting into the playoffs and winning the superbowl to spite all the SFLers. Thats not going to happen but that would be first prize.

I don't have the all-or-nothing mindset like you do. Nor do I see Luck as a saviour. Seen too many busts and underachievers come through the league.

Oh dear God......

That wasn't even a clever analogy. You used literally two exact same scenarios with zero irony, but delivered it as though it was inventive and ironic.

Listen, I'm all ears in resolving what to me is rooting for two competing ideas. I understand if you want to root for the phins. I understand if you would be okay with getting Luck as a consolation prize. I get that. I dont get how you could have each one as a primary interest.

Okay than, let me ask this to all the anti luckers who root for the phins. No judging. One answer. Nothing to do with whose a better fan or not. Simple question, either A or B. Which scenerio if given the choice would you rather happen.

A: Dolphins go 1-15 by beating the Redskins and get the number one pick

B: Dolphins go 5-11 by beating the Redskins, Jets, Bills, Chiefs and Giants and getting the sixth pick

No, First prize is going 10-0 over the last ten games, getting into the playoffs and winning the superbowl to spite all the SFLers. Thats not going to happen but that would be first prize.

I don't have the all-or-nothing mindset like you do. Nor do I see Luck as a saviour. Seen too many busts and underachievers come through the league.

so whats your realistic first prize than?

I really wonder how many people here want us to miss Luck just to be spiteful and say "I told you so." Smh...

not as many as the people that are here desperately trying to crown what is they see as a "sure fire hit" gamble to be able to say "I told you so" if he pans out. You guys are doing the exact same thing, just in reverse. You're desperate for answers too, you just see the screaming for Luck bandwagon as the path of least resistance. You guys are screaming "I told you so" type comments daily.

not as many as the people that are here desperately trying to crown what is they see as a "sure fire hit" gamble to be able to say "I told you so" if he pans out. You guys are doing the exact same thing, just in reverse. You're desperate for answers too, you just see the screaming for Luck bandwagon as the path of least resistance. You guys are screaming "I told you so" type comments daily.

If you mean by the path of least resistance, what we think is the best chance to turn around this franchise i agree wholeheartedly. If you mean that its the trendy thing to do i would disagree. A bunch of us jumped on the suck for luck wagon after the browns game and were vilified for it ruthlessly by at that time a majority of posters.

If you mean by the path of least resistance, what we think is the best chance to turn around this franchise i agree wholeheartedly. If you mean that its the trendy thing to do i would disagree. A bunch of us jumped on the suck for luck wagon after the browns game and were vilified for it ruthlessly by at that time a majority of posters.

It's definitely the trendy thing to do. Say something other than golden about Luck and see what happens. I have been blasted sideways. ...but all you have to do is sniff his jock and you'll get thanked 45 times per post. It's easy being a SFL'er, there is no downside.....unless he gets here and nothing gets better, which is the easier bet since he is being so highly praised. It is NOT that I wouldn't want him, I just dont jock sniff college players and I just want to see our team draft a highly touted QB for a change. I don't care if it's him, barkley or jones. We just need to show some draft balls!!!!

It's definitely the trendy thing to do. Say something other than golden about Luck and see what happens. I have been blasted sideways. ...but all you have to do is sniff his jock and you'll get thanked 45 times per post. It's easy being a SFL'er, there is no downside.....unless he gets here and nothing gets better, which is the easier bet since he is being so highly praised. It is NOT that I wouldn't want him, I just dont jock sniff college players and I just want to see our team draft a highly touted QB for a change. I don't care if it's him, barkley or jones. We just need to show some draft balls!!!!

Well as an early suck for lucker you should see the rhetoric that was initially thrown at us. We werent criticizing any fans to begin with. We were talking about losing games and how luck had the potential of turning this franchise around and we were mercilessly attacked. We were called terrible fans, bandwagoners, idiots among many many other names. Many posters were calling for our posts to be moved or deleted out right. So of course the SFLers were going to retaliate. What did you expect them to do. We would create threads thats primary theme was optimism and they were polluted with people coming in telling us how bad fans we were.

I could personally care less if anybody wants to root for victories. Its there right as a fan. Like i said before. It wasnt the SFLers that started the nasty back and forth but when they were attacked did you expect them not to fight back? The bandwagon is getting much bigger now and what was once the minority is quickly becoming the majority.

I see people reaching for any reason why the SFLers are causing irreversable damage to this franchise. You think the SFLers exaggerate in their assesment of Luck? Try looking at what the anti luckers are reaching for now. One guy made a post how the SFLers will cause a draft lottery.

Back
Top Bottom