andrew luck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

andrew luck

freefree

Practice Squad
Reaction score
if andrew luck is view as such a great can,t miss quarterback why in all his starts as at stanford he never sniffed or played for a national championship or is he drafted number 1 on his potential ceiling ala tannihill . and please don't give me the no supporting cast (martin decastro fleener )

if andrew luck is view as such a great can,t miss quarterback why in all his starts as at stanford he never sniffed or played for a national championship or is he drafted number 1 on his potential ceiling ala tannihill . and please don't give me the no supporting cast (martin decastro fleener )
What does having to play for a national championship have to do with being a good NFL QB? How many national championships did Tom Brady play for? What about Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning? John Elway never even got his team to a bowl game.

Stanford as a team was middle of the road with a great QB. No denying his talent. Put John Brantley (sorry UF fans :azmang:) on that Stanford team and they wouldnt even crack the top 20...

i'd leave that alone if i were you. 75 % on here wanted to loss every game for Luck. He's the most polished QB in a while and while that is no guarrentee he probably will be great. Luck > Tannehill. At least at this point.

Is this guy serious?

Do you not realize that Stanford is one of the most prestigious private academic colleges in the country?

Five star recruits who can't make the grade don't get in. Stanford is not a college football powerhouse. One man, no matter how great he is, cannot carry a football team to a national title.

If Dan Marino is "so great" why didn't he win any Super Bowls.

If Peyton Manning is "so great" why didn't he win any national titles?

Why did Tee Martin win the national championship for Tennessee the year after Peyton Manning left?

Take your trash back to the curb for morning pickup, kid.

Serious growing pains in Indy.
Yeah it's true they will be transitioning to a 3-4 on D.
Couldn't trade Freeney and now his hand will be picked up.

To add to the point. Any team sport requires everybody to perform at peak level. In NASCAR, one bad move by a pit crew member will cost you the chance to win the race. One man cant do it all. All you need is to look at some film on Andrew Luck and see why he went #1...Hell, Steve McNair went early in the draft and Alcorn State couldnt see the forest from the trees...

they both has great nfl arms they both have good knowledge of the game both showed toughness and athletesism .both had some good games . tannihill is coming into a familiar system and his college coach will be his oc so why is luck considered so much more nfl ready just saying?

Good night guys. Good luck debating JCane. Pack your lunch.

they both has great nfl arms they both have good knowledge of the game both showed toughness and athletesism .both had some good games . tannihill is coming into a familiar system and his college coach will be his oc so why is luck considered so much more nfl ready just saying?

Tannehill will be playing in a familiar system that he didn't play that well in.

Watch Andrew Luck play. Kid is essentially Peyton Manning with mobility. Throws the football 75 yards into the wind. Called his own plays in college. That's rare. That shows the ability to learn a playbook front to back and step into the league ready to go out and perform.

It's not hard to see.

Andrew Luck is the first legitimate franchise QB to enter the league since John Elway...another Stanford graduate.

my point is that he is being drafted on his potential as well as tannihill

EVERYONE is drafted on potential. And when you're a four-year starter from Stanford with the arm & accuracy, in a system in which you called your own plays, called your own audibles at the line (even in the late moments of a close bowl game), managed protections and all of that other jazz, you are without question the top prospect in the draft.

Kids like Andrew Luck are incredibly rare. He's as close to a sure thing as you can possibly get in a QB.

Back
Top Bottom