Andy Reid: Branden Albert, Dolphins aren't talking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Reid: Branden Albert, Dolphins aren't talking

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
Now that the Kansas Chiefs have lowered their asking price on franchise player Branden Albert , the Miami Dolphins are interested in acquiring
the left tackle.Although a source tells ESPN's John Clayton that the Dolphins have been granted permission to talk to and visit with Albert, Chiefs head coach Andy Reid is denying the report.In other words, either Clayton's source is wrong or Reid is taking liberties with the truth. Perhaps theChiefs plan to grant permission to help facilitate the trade but have pulled back a bit for leverage purposes.Ultimately, it's a trade that makes too much sense not to happen.In his pre-draft conference call Thursday, NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock opined that surrendering a new mega contract and a draft pick for Albert should give most teams hesitation. But for the Dolphins, "I'm in," Mayock said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...dy-reid-branden-albert-dolphins-arent-talking

Yes this is not nearly as far along as people believe. There's no permission, or contact between Albert and the Dolphins. There's no physical, nothing going on that way. The Dolphins and Chiefs may have had some discussions about him but that's as far as it's gone. It's gone no further.

Don't listen to Andy Reid. There's no doubt in my mind that the Fins are talking to him. Hell, he's probably at the facility as we speak.

Miami may not be talking to Albert directly, but don't be fooled by Reid's comments.

In order for a trade to work out, Miami HAS to talk to Albert's representatives to get an idea of what he wants in a new contract.

No trade gets done without Miami and Albert working out new deal after a trade is made.

Yes this is not nearly as far along as people believe. There's no permission, or contact between Albert and the Dolphins. There's no physical, nothing going on that way. The Dolphins and Chiefs may have had some discussions about him but that's as far as it's gone. It's gone no further.

You have made my day. I thought Ireland was halfway towards turning the off-season into a dumpster fire. I'm not completely oppsed to Albert in Auqa and Orange, but it isn't worth a 2nd rnd pick and $9 million per.

I would rather not trade for Alberts. Especially before the draft. I would rather sign Winston.

You have made my day. I thought Ireland was halfway towards turning the off-season into a dumpster fire. I'm not completely oppsed to Albert in Auqa and Orange, but it isn't worth a 2nd rnd pick and $9 million per.

that sucks, i hope we dont trade for albert, i want to keep our picks n get a rt on round 3 ... is not our fault they gave their 2nd away for alex . why should we give them a 2nd back ...

I trust Clayton more than Andy Reid.
Regardless, let's see how this plays out, hopefully some light will be shed over the next few days.

I trust John Clayton's report more than Andy Reid's comment.

Back
Top Bottom