Annual Reminder That Turnovers Determine the Fates of Games and Seasons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Annual Reminder That Turnovers Determine the Fates of Games and Seasons

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
This was a fact 20yrs. ago and it will be a fact 20yrs. from now.

usa_today_10224961.0.jpg

The Miami Dolphins will ride or die like other teams: taking care of the football and forcing turnovers.
The Miami Dolphins and our turnover rank during the last 11 years:
  • 2006: 13th
  • 2007: 23rd
  • 2008: 1st (Playoffs)
  • 2009: 26th
  • 2010: 29th
  • 2011: 24th
  • 2012: 24th
  • 2013: 18th
  • 2014: 14th
  • 2015: 18th
  • 2016: T-13th (Playoffs)
Insta-whiskey d**k every time I look at that.
Football is a matter of possessions, and there’s a reason a majority of Playoff-bound teams are in the upper echelon of the NFL in turnover margin.
https://www.thephinsider.com/2017/8...s-of-games-and-seasons-miami-dolphins-win-nfl

what about the heart and soul of the team, landry. how does his emotional output for every game factor into these silly statistics. the turnovers are irrelevant, it's all about Landry's reactions to the turnovers. heart and soul bro. There was no such thing as Miami football before he brought the passion to town. LANDRY IS GOD.

3rd down conversions are even more important than turnovers, imo. If you suck at converting 3rd down, you're dead. If you give up a TO, it's bad but not always fatal. Ok, if you give up 5 in a game, that's bad. But if you have 5 3-and-outs, you're probably also dead.

Can we get a breakdown of whether of not good teams have a good point differential next, please?

I don't get how they attributed turnovers to "luck" or "talent".

That's really my biggest concern with Tannehill out. Both Cutler and Moore turn the ball over at a pretty high rate.

To be fair, Cutler hasn't had this much talent at the skill positions so he shouldn't have to play the superman role as much.

That's really my biggest concern with Tannehill out. Both Cutler and Moore turn the ball over at a pretty high rate.

To be fair, Cutler hasn't had this much talent at the skill positions so he shouldn't have to play the superman role as much.

There's no doubt he has plenty of talent at his disposal with both the passing and the running game.

The main issue is our OL. Again.

Any body know the rankings for perennial playoff teams (in the last few years)? such as the Pats, Steelers, Bengals, Packers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Etc.?

Back
Top Bottom