Another mock at #2 has us takin... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another mock at #2 has us takin...

elamin011

Practice Squad
Reaction score
At this mock draft it has us taking DJ at #2

i wish it had explanations on why they made the picks, but i wouldn't mind getting DJ.

Thoughts

which mock?....i was high on Derrick Johnson for a while till we moved Taylor to part time LB and we signed Spragan. I think we should go offensively during the draft.

i wouldnt mind either, but not if we stay at the #2 spot. we need an offensive weapon

DJ lacks the strong base that has become apparent that Saban desires. If there is one weakness with DJ, it's his inability to hold up at the point. Did anyone watch the Rose Bowl? Furthermore, his instincts are less than ideal.

Merriman would be our ideal defender in a trade down scenario - he's IMO the best defender in the draft.

I may be the only person who believes this. But I think Saban has a 4 year plan.

Year 1: Create a monster Defense
Year 2: Create a monster Offense
Year 3: Let the team gel....close but not close enough
Year 4: Dynasty begins

Why defense before offense? other than the obvious...defense wins championships and Saban loves defense.......defensive players last longer....Just my theory on how the young genius is thinking....dont really mean shyt.

thepoolboy said:
DJ lacks the strong base that has become apparent that Saban desires. If there is one weakness with DJ, it's his inability to hold up at the point. Did anyone watch the Rose Bowl? Furthermore, his instincts are less than ideal.

Merriman would be our ideal defender in a trade down scenario - he's IMO the best defender in the draft.

Dude...Derrick Johnson had the best combine for a LB in years. He would have been the first LB drafted had he come out last year. He is the "real deal".

CashInFist said:
Dude...Derrick Johnson had the best combine for a LB in years. He would have been the first LB drafted had he come out last year. He is the "real deal".

Agree and agree, I have a feeling that people are saying Johnson isnt that good because they never even saw him in college. This guy has a nack for the ball like no one i have ever seen in my life NO ONE! Its amazing what he can do on the field.

LB is not that big of a need and plus he is not the best player on the board...he will not be picked

thepoolboy said:

I'm with you, in a trade down, I think we go Merriman. The guy destroys people and has much better instincts than DJ. Also is much bigger and stronger at the point of atttack.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Id rather Shawne Merriman if we went OLB.

icon14.gif

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Id rather Shawne Merriman if we went OLB.

Shawne Merriman just recently (after the combine) vaulted into the upper half of the first round. Derrick Johnson not only has been there for 2 years now, but he also delivered more than advertised at the combine. IMO, there is no comparison...DJ is a much better prospect.

Back
Top Bottom