Another Mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Mock draft

Dfan33

Rookie
Reaction score
For the purposes of this draft, I will assume Quinn will not be available for us at #9 and none of the top rated players (CJ, Thomas, Peterson, Russell, G. Adams, Landry) are there either. I will also assume we will not trade up in order to grab a player. In such a case, I would try and trade down with Pitt who seems to be really hot for L. Brown. I think their third and fourth round picks would be adequate for a swap in the first round. As such I would have the following draft, A or B. Please tell me your preference.

A)
Round 1: Ginn
Round 2: Sears/D. Free
Lamar Woodley
Round 3: Best of Edwards/Beck/Kolb (don't think Stanton will be available)
Alleman/Satele (whichever is available in that order)
Round 4: Solail
Scott (CB from GT)
Round 6: Dane Uperesa
Sartz
Round 7: BPA regardless of position.

B)
Round 1: Revis
Round 2: Sears/D. Free
Lamar Woodley
Round 3: Best of Edwards/Beck/Kolb (don't think Stanton will be available)
Alleman/Satele (whichever is available in that order)
Round 4: Walker (UCF WR)
Solail
Round 6: Dane Uperesa
Sartz
Round 7: BPA regardless of position.

I like A better. I'm not a big Ted Ginn fan, but I've come to realize we likely won't be able to land any other offensive weapons at nine, and if Ginn is there he would at least provide the home run threat we've been missing for so long. It seems as though we've always had a good amount of talent at the skill positions, so maybe all we need is that burner to stretch the field to make our offense click.

i hope we dont draft ted ginn i have a bad vibes about him. does anybody remember yatil green? i hate to pick him when we can get just as good of a wr in craig davis.

We have 2 second round picks.Can you be more specific?

Each pick has its own line, in the second round we have two picks, so with the first pick I would take either Sears or Doug Free, and with the second pick in the second round I would take Lamar Woodley.

I disagree with your first premise. We need to take Levi Brown - we're lucky if he's there when we pick. You do realize that McIntosh was our starting LT the second half of the season? That's our biggest weakness right now and Brown is the most secure pick at LT. Thomas has the more potential, but with Brown and 4 years of tape on him playing against big time talent, you know what you're getting - and he's still rated in the top 10. That's an automatic decision, in my opinion. This is a deep WR draft, we can pick one up in the second round.

Actually, I would prefer that our draft look more like this:
(no trading out of our first round pick)

1. Levi Brown
2a. Brandon Merriweather
2b. Anthony Gonzalez
3. Tim Crowder
4. Jon Abbate
then the rest is up in the air

I disagree with your first premise. We need to take Levi Brown - we're lucky if he's there when we pick. You do realize that McIntosh was our starting LT the second half of the season? That's our biggest weakness right now and Brown is the most secure pick at LT. Thomas has the more potential, but with Brown and 4 years of tape on him playing against big time talent, you know what you're getting - and he's still rated in the top 10. That's an automatic decision, in my opinion. This is a deep WR draft, we can pick one up in the second round.

E X A C T L Y!!!!!

We must get some talent at LT and we can get a WR later. Higgins is plenty fast, very productive, can be a return man, and can be had much later.

GO PHINS~!

Back
Top Bottom