Another tidbit that has gone under the radar... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another tidbit that has gone under the radar...

Would it be safe for me to assume that we will be drafting defense pretty much with all the pick this year and draft offense next year?

I am changing my tune on our needs and will say that de, dt, and cb is our biggest needs. and if we can get a top notch wr like Boldin or chad Johnson then i will be satisfied.

i am pretty sure we will sign some undrafted ones to compete you should never draft 2 or 3 at the same positions too many holes

definitely ILB will be snagged in rounds 1-3 (maybe 2)... OLB's are everywhere it seems.

offensive linemen are really absent in my mind, once again besides Alex Mack i dont see any too his caibur, unless you want to draft second day somewhere some o-line

definitely ILB will be snagged in rounds 1-3 (maybe 2)... OLB's are everywhere it seems.

offensive linemen are really absent in my mind, once again besides Alex Mack i dont see any too his caibur, unless you want to draft second day somewhere some o-line

I couldn't disagree more. :) This is a fantastic year for C's and is shaping up as a very good year for T's as well. It's actually an above average year for G's too, so this is definitely a good year for OL, particularly the mauler types we're looking to get.

That being said, the interior OL positions aren't particularly high on draft lists, so they often slip to the middle rounds. I think we can get starting caliber OL in rounds 3 and 4 this year if needed, and if we grab them in round 2 we can get some very very good OL prospects.

I still want a CB and S, but I'm not sure we can get both this draft.

I couldn't disagree more. :) This is a fantastic year for C's and is shaping up as a very good year for T's as well. It's actually an above average year for G's too, so this is definitely a good year for OL, particularly the mauler types we're looking to get.

That being said, the interior OL positions aren't particularly high on draft lists, so they often slip to the middle rounds. I think we can get starting caliber OL in rounds 3 and 4 this year if needed, and if we grab them in round 2 we can get some very very good OL prospects.

I still want a CB and S, but I'm not sure we can get both this draft.

We can, but it just doesn't represent how Bill Parcells draft . . . that is my only thing . . . I thought CB was a no brainer last draft . . . atleast to get a young guy in there as our CB's are old. We goofed on that. Easy to point at the Murphy pick, but we should have had a CB in that last draft . . . kid would have a year under his belt.

Safety is a MUST . . . this is a decent draft for safety . . . we need a FS real bad and safety depth overall as honestly outside of Bell . . . I mean I like Culver and I know we just signed a guy, but can we honestly say they will be here when the season starts. U hate to have them on the roster by default because we didn't give them any competition.

I also agree this is a good year for OL in general. OL and LB are strong in this draft.

i just not overly impressed with any lineman that i have seen yet (obviously have not seen everyone... so i cant fully speak on everyone)... a lt of technique is absent, especially in the legs. some top guys i see more plodding and very high quite often.

Mack is the only one i have seen that i am impressed with.

i am sketchy on the o-line so far personally... would rather take picks on the defensive side, especially throughout day one of the draft!!!

Back
Top Bottom